BMC Software Delivers Easy On-Ramp Cloud ComputingOctober 30, 2013 No Comments
SOURCE: BMC Software
SAN JOSE, Calif., October 30, 2013 – As cloud computing goes mainstream, businesses of all sizes are looking for a fast, secure and easy on-ramp to leveraging the incredible power of the platform. To meet this demand, BMC Software today launched two new programs aimed at making it easier for customers to adopt cloud computing platforms.
BMC ZipKit and BMC Express Cloud are designed as out-of-the-box cloud platforms with the ability to rapidly scale a customer’s existing data center capability, helping customers to rapidly get more value from their existing infrastructure investments.
- · BMC ZipKit program includes a rich library of pre-built application components for the BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management and BMC Bladelogic Server Automation management systems.
- · BMC Express Cloud program is a bundled solution that combines software, consulting services, and training to deliver customers an enterprise-class hybrid cloud, connecting a private cloud to Amazon Web Services, in 30 days or less.
The leader in enterprise IT management software, BMC worked directly with a group of small, medium and large customers to tailor these solutions so that IT departments can inaugurate fast, secure, cost-effective entry into the Cloud.
Key Points to Know:
- · BMC ZipKits feature:
• Free downloadable content for Cloud Lifecycle Management and Bladelogic
• ZipKits for App: Integration tool-kits with leading third party solutions, such as Citrix XenDesktop, Cisco HCS and JDA
• ZipKits for Cloud: Quarterly drop of CLM Blueprints for common business services
• ZipKits for Blade: Quarterly drop of Blade packages for common compliance, configuration and provisioning needs
• Shared ZipKits: Community feature for trading any content back and forth
- · BMC Express Cloud
• Designed for speed, common use-cases, and the starter cloud
• $199K all inclusive price for 250 managed server licenses, hybrid over VMW and AWS, and Implementation / education services bundle
• Includes Cloud Essentials prepackaged Blueprints
John Frazier, vice president, Cloud Technology, JDA:
“JDA Cloud Services customers demand a dynamic cloud based environment that can be spun up quickly and then continue to grow with their needs. BMC’s flexible, cost-effective, enterprise-focused cloud platforms — built with pre-packaged content – helps accelerate our cloud customer acquisition and growth.”
Mary Johnston Turner, vice president, Enterprise System Management Software, IDC Research
“In the era of IT consumerization, mobility, big data and cloud, IT organizations need to become more agile and responsive to business priorities. Pre-defined service and infrastructure provisioning blueprints, such as those provided by the newly launched BMC ZipKits, can increase use of automation and enable IT teams to quickly and consistently deploy new resources while maintaining service levels and eliminating human error. This type of capability is a critical enabler of dynamic cloud data center operations.”
Dave Roberts, senior director, Cloud Management, BMC Software:
“With the addition of these two products to BMC’s robust cloud portfolio, any business can deploy enterprise-grade cloud services to their users in less than a month. It’s a huge milestone, but more importantly, it will be a catalyst for more businesses to move into a cloud-based environment that is powerful and affordable.”
BMC Software. IT innovation drives business transformation.
For more than 30 years, BMC has helped thousands of companies around the world master tough IT challenges. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, from the back room to the boardroom, BMC delivers the automation, integration, and sophistication that enable the business and IT to perform like never before. To learn more, visit bmc.com.
BMC, BMC Software, and the BMC Software logo are the exclusive properties of BMC Software Inc., are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other BMC trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.News