Cisco to Present Research on Cloud Computing, Virtualization and Data Center TrendsDecember 6, 2010 No Comments
On December 7 and December 8 Cisco will host two live Internet TV broadcasts to announce results of two separate studies that focus on cloud computing, virtualization, and the evolution of data centers.On December 7, Cisco will host “Network Service Providers as Cloud Providers,” revealing results from a study that explores public cloud and on-demand application adoption.On December 8, Cisco will broadcast the final segment of the “Cisco Connected World Report,” a global study that examines employee expectations for accessing information anywhere with any device and how IT organizations are responding and evolving their data centers.To view either of the programs, visit www.ustream.tv/ciscotv. Registration is not required, and the programs will also be available for replay at the same link: www.ustream.tv/ciscotv.December 7 at 8:00 a.m. PST: “Network Service Providers as Cloud Providers”
The Cisco Internet Business Services Group interviewed CIOs, CTOs and infrastructure vice presidents from enterprises and public-sector organizations in the United States, the European Union, and India to understand their desire to use external, on-demand infrastructure and applications, and the barriers preventing that adoption.Special guests for the show include:
- Brian Klingbiel, general manager, Hosting, Savvis
- Mark Yablonski, chief technology officer, Valogix
- Simon Aspinall, senior director, Service Provider Marketing, Cisco
- Scott Puopolo, vice president, Internet Business Services Group, Cisco
December 8 at 8:00 a.m. PST: “Cisco Connected World Report – Focus on the Data Center”
The Connected World Report is based on a survey of 2600 persons spanning 13 countries around the globe, which was conducted by InsightExpress, a market research firm. The final segment of the three-part series, this show focuses on the data center, cloud computing, and virtualization.Questions to be answered during this live session:
- What are the top data center trends, concerns and priorities worldwide?
- What do IT professionals predict for the adoption of public and private clouds?
- How fast is virtualization being adopted; what are the top reasons and biggest barriers to adopting virtualization?
- Are IT teams collaborating across the data center, and how are IT roles changing?
Special guests for the show include:
- John Manville, vice president of IT, Cisco
- Jackie Ross, vice president, Server Access and Virtualization Group, Cisco
- Brian Modoff, Managing Director and Senior Telecommunications Technology Analyst, Deutsche Bank
To schedule press interviews after the broadcasts
Dec. 7 broadcast: contact Kevin Petschow at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dec. 8 broadcast: contact Lee Davis at email@example.com
To schedule analyst interviews after the broadcast, please contact Jesse Freund at firstname.lastname@example.org.About Cisco Systems
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco Nexus and Cisco Unified Computing System are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.View Original Press Release Here