DataStax launches into Europe, Middle East and AfricaApril 5, 2013 No Comments
Today we announced DataStax EMEA, which offers sales, marketing and support services for DataStax Enterprise, our Apache Cassandra-based big data platform throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
DataStax has quickly expanded over the past two years, growing from 26 employees and 27 customers at the end of 2011 to approaching 100 employees and 270+ customers by the end of 2012 along with many thousands of organizations and individuals working with open source Cassandra.
We had some fun with the press this week and they seemed to like the story…
With a strong base of customers in the EMEA region combined with the exceptional demand from the Cassandra community the opening of an EMEA subsidiary headquartered in London to support this demand was a natural next step.
We have also seen strong interest from system integrators, solution providers and consultants in the region and working with this partner ecosystem is a key component of our go-to-market and customer services plan.
Here are some things you can do immediately if you have an interest in Cassandra:
- Cassandra groups have been established in all major cities and you should sign up to the one nearest to you at www.meetup.com. You are going to get a chance to network with your peers and learn how Cassandra can help you with the data driven solutions you are looking to deploy yourself or at one of your customers.
- If you would like to talk directly to the DataStax EMEA team about our commercial offering called DataStax Enterprise, its broad set of features and 24×7 support, please contact us at email@example.com.
- If you are a system integrator, consulting firm or solution provider and would like to deliver DataStax Enterprise and Cassandra services and solutions please email the EMEA team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Certification training will soon to be available in the EMEA region and if you would like to register your interest please also email email@example.com.
- We are always on the look out for talent and if you would like to enquire about career opportunities within the EMEA team please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is exciting to see so many established enterprises and young start-ups in the region already relying on Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise for their mission critical data driven applications and services and we look forward to being able to now work closely with them as they continue their journey in this new data driven world.News