Green Hills Software Announces Updated Platform for Trusted Mobile DevicesSeptember 19, 2011 No Comments
ORLANDO, FL — September 19, 2011 — NSA Trusted Computing Conference — Green Hills Software, the largest independent vendor of embedded software solutions, today announced updates to its Platform for Trusted Mobile Devices and its mobile hypervisor, the INTEGRITY® Multivisor™. The Platform enables use of the latest smartphones and tablets while simultaneously meeting stringent IT management and government security requirements. The cornerstone of Green Hills Software’s products and services is the company’s leadership and proven delivery of High Robustness solutions, required to protect valuable information against sophisticated attackers.
Unlike enterprise PCs that are traditionally IT-owned and managed, handheld devices are traditionally privately owned and subject to deep personal preference and customization. Green Hills Software works with leading mobile device OEMs, integrators, and service providers to ensure that their mobile offerings can be used to access sensitive government information and networks while making no sacrifices in the availability, privacy, and performance relating to the personal use of multimedia, social, and Internet apps. High robustness isolation between the personal persona and the IT-managed persona is the only way to meet these disparate requirements. Personas are implemented as virtual machines under the strict control of the INTEGRITY Multivisor. Green Hills Software has been working with leading mobile system-on-chip (SoC) processor suppliers and device manufacturers over the past decade to optimize the INTEGRITY Multivisor technology and ensure that it is seamlessly incorporated into the device manufacturing process.
The updated Platform, consisting of integrated components from Green Hills Software as well as third parties, includes:
- INTEGRITY Multivisor: mobile microkernel Type-1 hypervisor built on the world’s only Common Criteria EAL6+, High Robustness certified microkernel technology
- Multivisor Support Packages (MSPs) for tablets based on the latest shipping mobile single and multicore SoCs, including TI OMAP4 and Freescale i.MX53
- Layered Suite B and FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptographic services, including data storage encryption and secure wireless communications, implemented in software or using hardware accelerators and cryptographic elements
- Integrated Mobile Device Management (MDM) technology that turns the handheld into a first-class managed device in the enterprise network
- Expert porting and security services to meet carrier, integrator, and end-user specific requirements
- New I/O virtualization technologies to enable the efficient yet compartmentalized sharing of multimedia and communications peripherals across personas
- Support for the latest versions of Android and other popular mobile operating systems
“Freescale’s i.MX processors are playing a major role in the proliferation of new, highly compelling product categories that deliver rich multimedia content to consumers around the globe,” said Bernd Lienhard, vice president and general manager, Multimedia Applications Division, Freescale Semiconductor. “We are pleased to work closely with Green Hills Software to help evolving, consumer-oriented handheld platforms meet stringent management and security requirements for government and enterprise users. Green Hills Software’s advanced INTEGRITY Multivisor technology works with i.MX processors to help our shared customers develop products that combine security with world-class end-user experiences.”
“With the addition of our latest tablet technologies, Green Hills Software now offers multi-domain, high robustness, government-certified solutions for all endpoint form factors, including embedded systems, smartphones, tablets, netbooks, laptops, desktops, and servers,” commented David Kleidermacher, chief technology officer, Green Hills Software.
About Green Hills Software
Founded in 1982, Green Hills Software is the largest independent vendor of embedded development solutions. In 2008, the Green Hills INTEGRITY-178B RTOS was the first and only operating system to be certified by NIAP (National Information Assurance Partnership comprised of NSA & NIST) to EAL6+, High Robustness, the highest level of security ever achieved for any software product. Our open architecture integrated development solutions address deeply embedded, absolute security and high-reliability applications for the military/avionics, medical, industrial, automotive, networking, consumer and other markets that demand industry-certified solutions. Green Hills Software is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA, with European headquarters in the United Kingdom. Visit Green Hills Software at www.ghs.com.