How New Technologies Can Benefit Your Data ProcessingNovember 12, 2019 No Comments
Featured article by Bernadine Racoma, Content Manager of eTranslation Services
Companies today need to analyze big data in order to remain competitive. The technical and technological advancements in computing help businesses to learn more about consumer behaviors, improve business processes, optimize performance, improve research and science, and several other aspects that affect industries, individuals, and human lives in general.
Higher demand for data analysis for businesses
As more businesses are started, and the competitive intensity increases, the need for data analysis for business growth escalates. Companies require additional information that will keep them ahead of their competitors, so they demand more from data analysts. Businesses have to be flexible and responsive. They want to know what is happening in the market now, what is trending, what makes consumers respond and buy, where, when, and how they get their information, what consumers prefer today, and what products they will look for tomorrow.
Better ways of processing big data
The immediacy of the need for more data created new developments in big data computing. By using Hadoop that speeds up the data computing and analysis, you can now run big data frameworks with AWS EMR. Amazon EMR simplifies the processing of big data in conjunction with Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop and other frameworks through Amazon Web Services (AWS) that take care of processing and analyzing large volumes of big data.
Amazon EMR, which stands for Elastic Map Reduce, is a tool used with Amazon AWS for processing and analyzing big data. Amazon EMR has low configuration, is expandable, and offers an alternative to cluster computing that most businesses do in-house.
Advantages of using Amazon EMR
With Amazon EMR, big data processing and analysis become cheaper, easier, and faster. You do not have to install programs as it is done in the cloud. EMR offers more benefits to businesses and organizations that need market information.
- It’s easier to use. You can launch an EMR cluster within minutes. EMR takes over the typical tasks of setting up the cluster, provisioning the nodes, cluster tuning, and configuring Hadoop. You can focus on the analysis that the system will give you.
- It’s cheaper. The system has a minimum charge for one minute of use. The rest of the process is charged based on the instance rate per second. Because the rate is based on on-demand pricing, you only pay for the time consumed to process the data that you need.
- It’s elastic. You can configure the compute instances based on your need, so you can choose to process as much or as little data as you need.
- It’s reliable. Hadoop is tuned for the cloud by EMR, so tuning and monitoring the cluster is faster. EMR constantly monitors the cluster and retries the tasks that failed and replaces instances that underperform.
- It’s secure. It automatically configures the firewall settings of Amazon EC2, so you do not have to worry since you can have an isolated network.
Whatever type of information you need, you now have better tools to complete data processing faster. You can have all the data to help you make business decisions, respond to consumer demand, and position your company and products to the best advantage.
Bernadine Racoma is the Content Manager of eTranslation Services. Her long experience in an international development institution and extensive travels have provided her a wealth of knowledge and insights into cultural diversity. She writes to inform, engage, and share the idea of the Internet being a useful platform for communicating, knowledge sharing, educating, and entertaining. You can find Bernadine Racoma at Google Plus, on Facebook and Twitter.
DATA and ANALYTICS