How To Create A Powerful Digital Marketing Strategy That WorksJanuary 30, 2017 No Comments
Featured blog by Daniel Clark, Technology Author
According to a study, more than 40% of brands do not have a defined digital marketing strategy, while 15% do have a strategy but they haven’t yet integrated into their marketing activity. But the fact is that, if you don’t have a right plan in place, how can you grow and innovate, to measure the results and learn from the past mistakes?
From designing, SEO to content marketing and analytics, it can be daunting to figure out where to start — and, more importantly, what’s going to have the biggest impact on your business. To be effective at digital marketing, you’ll need a strategy that defines your business needs and the goals to accomplish them. It depends on the scale of your business, your strategy might include multiple goals and many other things but the focus remains on how to meet those objectives.
Don’t panic! Simply start crafting an effective plan which can pack a strong punch. The Inbound marketing services by Clickmatix have helped a wide roaster of clients to accomplish their marketing needs. In this post, I’ve shared 5 steps which are very important and you should follow them to make sure that your digital marketing efforts create a real impact on your business.
1. Learn, What You Want And Set Up The Objectives
The first step begins with defining your business’ overall objectives and create a digital marketing mission that fits into your business plan.
In order to reach this mission, set up & measure your KPIs:
- First, analyse your previous digital marketing efforts to ensure that you aim for a positive increase on your current results, while helping you to avoid setting your expectations too high.
- Identify a method to measure each of your KPIs – for example, whether you will use Google Analytics to measure your conversions or your own social media analytics to track engagement or a tool like BuzzSumo to assess the success of your content marketing
Before you start planning your KPIs, it’s better to know which metrics matter the most to your CEO.
2. Learn From Your Past Mistakes
Identifying and analysing your digital marketing strategy’s past failures and success can help you focus on setting the best KPIs for your business. Therefore, you might want to complete step one and two together.
Select a time period you’d like to track and analyse or decide on whether you’re going to analyse the previous year, quarter or month.
How to Analyse:
- Once you’ve chosen the time period you’d like to analyse, set your Google Analytics calendar to match this timeframe.
- Use the reports in your Analytics account to compare your progress with those of your competitors.
- Don’t forget to analyse your competitors’ strategy; create a spreadsheet with their online activities to identify their SEO strategy which will give help you get an idea which keywords are driving the largest volume of organic traffic to their website. This will also help you to compare the organic and paid traffic of various websites which is very useful to see how aggressive they’re being with their paid spend.
Ask yourself questions like: is there anything else I need to analyse?
3. Know, Who You’re Talking and Speak Their Language
Make sure, your planning reaches your target audience. Considering that you already know who all are your audience, usually the digital marketers forget to reach the target audience amidst the KPI setting, budget fretting and channel selection.
Don’t make this mistake. Instead, you should focus on the core of your strategy – your audience, by catering to their requirements and satisfying their deepest desires. How? Obviously, this can be done through creating beautiful and well thought out personas.
4. Identify Your Resources and Stick To Your Budget
When it comes to identifying your resources, there are three important things: your team, your digital channels and tools, and your budget of course. It is important to know the number of working heads and your budget before deciding on what else you might need for the next period. Besides, you can include some quality tools to make your work easier and faster. When it comes to using the tools, Mockplus is an all-in-one tool for rapid prototyping; the designs truly stand out and give the best user experience with flawless navigation.
5. Craft a Plan, Don’t Stick To It
Create a plan but don’t stick to it? Why? Because, your plan will not be perfect from the outset. Not every assumption you make is going to be correct.
Although you take proper care to craft a well-constructed plan based on a set of insightful analysis and assumptions, but you still cannot predict exactly how your customers will behave. Therefore, it is very important to regularly measure and monitor your digital marketing strategy’s performance and make the alterations of the elements where needed.
Create Your Digital Marketing Calendar:
- Google Calendars are a best tool to create your timeline calendar; these calendars can also be shared with your team members and they can easily edit it where necessary.
- You can even highlight the key campaigns you are going to create and promote throughout the year and allocate a timeframe for each campaign.
- Document the online channels needed to make sure each of your campaign runs successfully.
Daniel Clark is a blogger and works with Clickmatix, a digital marketing agency helping clients achieve their business goals through the help of affordable SEO services.
Blogs, Featured Blogs, SOCIAL BUSINESS