Ipswitch File Transfer’s MOVEit™ 8.0 Removes Critical Mobile Work ObstaclesSeptember 11, 2013 No Comments
SOURCE: Ipswitch File Transfer
LEXINGTON, Mass. – September 10, 2013 – Ipswitch File Transfer, chosen by thousands of companies to manage their file transfers, today announced the release of MOVEit™ 8.0 – a software package that, for the first time, enables mobile workers to reliably and productively transfer files as part of key business processes, while providing IT the security, visibility and control required to confidently conduct business.
MOVEit 8.0 solves problems businesses have faced for years trying to balance security and productivity in their mobile work policies. In an attempt to get work done, mobile users have turned to readily available file-sharing options outside the corporate IT structure. This approach creates security, visibility and control vulnerabilities for the business while file transfers are not automatically linked to business processes.
“Mobile devices need to be integrated with a Managed File Transfer system,” said Rich Kennelly, president of Ipswitch File Transfer. “This allows all files to be delivered reliably and securely, IT to have visibility and control of file movement, and the files to remain associated with the original business process or business record. The new MOVEit Mobile MFT does just that, empowering our customers to adopt mobile without feeling they are taking unacceptable security risks.”
MOVEit 8.0 integrates mobile into a company’s existing file-based processes. It makes files from their business systems available to mobile users, allows users to upload new files, and automates the movement of those files back to their business systems. In addition, the system allows mobile users to send files to each other, and share information.
MOVEit 8.0 extends Managed File Transfer functionality to mobile users on iOS and Android devices. Examples of MOVEit 8.0 Mobile use across industries include:
- Insurance – An insurance adjustor can securely transfer documents and images from his tablet. And, while still at the accident site, he can initiate the automated insurance claim review workflow process, saving time and improving productivity. In the past, he would have to wait to access the server himself, or rely on a co-worker, to initiate the process.
- Healthcare – A doctor takes a picture of a patient infection with her cell phone, adds text information like the medical record number and sends it securely as part of a patient record update process. The medical records department is alerted to the availability of the picture and adds it to the patient record and sends the picture to the practice management system. The process is in compliance with HIPAA/HITECH standards.
- Retail – A sales rep at a customer site securely generates and delivers an approved price quote document, initiating the process from her tablet. Once approved, she electronically delivers it to her client and updates business systems.
“We use MOVEit 8.0 to transfer large software images and patches including security credentials to our clients,” said Paul Sester, system engineer with Bechtle AG, a global IT service provider based in Germany. “We selected MOVEit because it allowed us to easily and securely transfer gigabyte size .EXE and .MSI files in Outlook. In addition, our customers can now securely transfer files to us using our upload portal. We also have central control over user access and the file life cycle, confident that files are deleted once transferred. It’s also important that we can monitor and audit all transfer operations.”
MOVEit 8.0 also adds additional features that will help IT confidently meet security and compliance demands. New security features include:
- * Vulnerability protection – Enhanced with the latest safeguards to protect against the OWASP Top 10
- * Anti-virus protection – Support for McAfee, Symantec and Sophos
- * Enhanced security wizard – Streamlines with lockdown process, increasing security configuration and ensuring necessary security steps are taken
- * File tracking ability – Auditing, visibility and control for PCI, HIPAA/HITECH, SOX compliance
- * Support for server platforms and systems – Windows Server 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Microsoft Exchange/Outlook 2013
- * Improved administrator control – Administrators now have the ability to optionally protect sensitive email messages while always securing attachments
“Workers need to participate in business processes using their mobile devices with the same ease and efficiency they experience on their desktop computer,” said Michael Osterman, principal of analyst firm Osterman Research. “But the availability of packaged software solutions to securely move files to and from mobile devices with control and visibility and ensuring those files can automatically participate in a business workflow has been limited in many cases. Ipswitch’s MOVEit 8.0 Managed File Transfer solution successfully extends these capabilities to mobile devices, providing businesses with the tools they need to get real work done, anytime, anywhere.”
About Ipswitch File Transfer
Ipswitch File Transfer provides solutions that move, govern and secure business information between employees, business partners and customers. The company’s proven solutions lead the industry in terms of ease of use, allowing companies of all sizes to take control of their sensitive and vital information and improve the speed of information flow. Ipswitch lets business and IT managers govern data transfers and file sharing with confidence and enable compliance by balancing the need for end user simplicity with the visibility and control required by IT. Ipswitch File Transfer solutions are trusted by thousands of organizations worldwide, including more than 90% of the Fortune 1000, government agencies, and millions of prosumers. Ipswitch File Transfer was recently recognized as a Champion in Info-Tech Research Group’s Managed File Transfer Vendor Landscape. For more information on Ipswitch File Transfer and its products, go to www.IpswitchFT.com, and to engage, follow Ipswitch File Transfer on Twitter at @IpswitchFT, on LinkedIn and Facebook.