ManageEngine Ships OpManager 9.2 Network Monitoring PlatformJuly 12, 2012 No Comments
SOURCE: TECHMarket Communications
PLEASANTON, Calif. — July 12, 2012 — ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today announced the immediate availability of its flagship network monitoring software (NMS), OpManager. Launched in 2011 to deliver an easier, more affordable NMS option for enterprises, the award-winning OpManager 9.2 adds new features and functionality, including agent-based log file monitoring, discovery rule engine, faster discovery, IPAM plug-in, tab customization and more.
Enterprise IT organizations need solutions that can be quickly deployed to production as well as cover every aspect of IT without requiring multiple tools or expensive frameworks. OpManager makes this a reality by adding features like faster discovery, now five times faster than before so that you can discover up to 5,000 interfaces per minute. The new discovery rule engine reduces the time to deployment and brings in a new agent approach to IT, enabling in-depth and critical monitoring, such as log file monitoring of critical apps. It also adds an IP Address Manager as a plug-in, in addition to the existing NetFlow and Network Configuration Management plug-ins.
“One of the primary reasons why SMEs love OpManager is that it is really faster to set up,” said Dev Anand, director of product management, NPM division, ManageEngine. “They can download, install and configure it within 30 minutes. With version 9.2, we have made it attractive for even the large enterprise networks. With a faster discovery option and the rule engine module, it’s now possible to discover and configure thousands of devices in less than an hour.”
OpManager is a complete, end-to-end network and IT infrastructure monitoring platform that offers advanced fault and performance management across WAN, VoIP call paths, network devices, servers, essential applications and other IT infrastructure such as printers and UPS. OpManager features a single-pane-of-glass console for the entire network and IT infrastructure, ensuring continuous and proactive management. And unlike expensive solutions such as HP OpenView and CA Unicenter, OpManager provides a comparable, extensive feature set at an affordable price — 90 percent of the functionality at 10 percent of the cost — to meet the needs of small, medium and enterprise companies alike.
Enterprise Network Management Enhancements
The latest version of OpManager introduces advanced functionality that facilitates effortless and effective enterprise network management with features such as:
- Agent-based Log File Monitoring: Track the existence of a particular string (string or a regular expression) in any log file. Previously a part of luxury, high-end NMS frameworks and now made available to SMBs and large enterprises.
- Discovery Rule Engine: Associate the relevant monitors based on the type and nature of devices. For example, you can associate all IIS devices to IIS business view automatically and add IIS-related process and service monitors automatically.
- 5x Faster Discovery: Discover up to 5,000 interfaces per minute using the new improved discovery engine.
- Tab Customization: Technicians can now drag and drop or delete the default OpManager tabs and can also bring in web consoles of other network devices and applications as custom tabs. For example, add helpdesk as a tab in OpManager and embed the organization’s helpdesk web pages right into OpManager without needing to open multiple browsers.
- IPAM Plug-in: Gives administrators the power to manage their network, IP space, and switch port to devices from a single point.
- Integration with other NMS: Forward OpManager events as SNMP TRAP/Syslog events to another NMS Platform viz. HP OpenView, IBM Netcool.
Pricing and Availability
OpManager 9.2 is available immediately. OpManager Enterprise Edition prices start at $16,495 for 500 devices. Agent-based Log File Monitoring is $25 per agent. IPAM and SPM Plug-in prices start at $395 for 500 used switch ports or IP addresses.
For more information on ManageEngine OpManager, please visit http://manageengine.com/opmanager. For more information on ManageEngine, please visit http://www.manageengine.com; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
Related ManageEngine Resources
- Customer testimonials: http://www.manageengine.com/network-monitoring/customer-quotes.html
- Online demos: http://www.manageengine.com/network-monitoring/demos.html
- Support FAQs and User Forum: http://www.manageengine.com/network-monitoring/opmanager-resources.html
Related ManageEngine News
- ManageEngine to Debut Private Social Network Exclusively for IT at Interop; http://ow.ly/aF8Qm
- GetApp.com Releases an Analysis of ManageEngine OpManager; http://ow.ly/9no6J
- ManageEngine at Cisco Live London: Manage the Emerging Enterprise; http://ow.ly/8nu5i
About ManageEngine OpManager
ManageEngine OpManager is complete, end-to-end network monitoring software that offers customizable dashboards and advanced fault and performance management functionality across critical IT resources such as routers, WAN links, switches, firewalls, VoIP call paths, physical servers, virtual servers, domain controllers and other IT infrastructure devices. For more information on ManageEngine OpManager, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/opmanager.
ManageEngine delivers the real-time IT management tools that empower an IT team to meet an organization’s need for real-time services and support. Worldwide, more than 60,000 established and emerging enterprises — including more than 60 percent of the Fortune 500 — rely on ManageEngine products to ensure the optimal performance of their critical IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, desktops and more. ManageEngine is a division of Zoho Corp. with offices worldwide, including the United States, United Kingdom, India, Japan and China. For more information, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
ManageEngine is a trademark of Zoho Corp. All other brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.News