Network Route and Multicast Monitoring Now in SolarWinds Network Performance MonitorMay 23, 2013 No Comments
Austin, Texas – May 23, 2013 – SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today introduced new network route and multicast monitoring capabilities within its flagship network management product, SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM). SolarWinds NPM offers IT professionals powerful network fault, availability and performance management, simplifying detection, diagnosis and resolution of network issues before outages occur.
As today’s dynamic networks grow in size and complexity, the number of active routing topology states grows exponentially. With the new network route monitoring feature, SolarWinds NPM takes fault and performance monitoring to the next level by providing real-time network route information alongside device status and performance statistics. With support for major routing protocols including RIP v2, OSPF v2, and BGP, IT pros can now view routing tables, changes in default routes, BGP transitions and flapping routes in an intuitive web-based console.
Additionally, many advanced network services including multimedia distribution, finance, education, and desktop imaging rely on IP multicast to reduce network bandwidth usage. SolarWinds NPM’s new network multicast monitoring feature enables IT pros to monitor routers, switches and end-points that receive and forward multicast packets by automatically detecting and importing existing multicast groups and applications.
Other new updates to SolarWinds NPM include advanced interface filtering by hardware type, name, VLAN and more for importation of new nodes and interface; and interface auditing.
SolarWinds NPM Highlights:
- * Network availability and performance monitoring: Monitor network device and interface availability and performance indicators such as bandwidth utilization, packet loss, latency, errors, discards, CPU, and memory for SNMP- and WMI-enabled device
- * Automated network device discovery: Schedule network scans from an easy-to-use, Web-based discovery wizard; identify new network devices; and ensure monitoring of all critical equipment
- * Intelligent network alerting: Quickly configure alerts for correlated events, sustained conditions, and complex combinations of device states; Topology and dependency-based alert suppression enables users to escalate alerts for issues that are truly critical
- * Multi-vendor device support: Supports heterogeneous networks with out-of-the-box device support for devices from leading hardware vendors
Pricing for SolarWinds NPM starts at $2,675 and includes the first year of maintenance. For more information, including a free, downloadable 30-day trial, visit the SolarWinds website or call 866.530.8100.
- * What’s New: Features, white papers and videos
- * Webinar: Advanced Network Monitoring with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor NEW Version 10.5
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use, and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our online community, thwack, to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.News