Oracle’s Mark Hurd Delivers Strategy to Drive IT Simplification and Emphasizes Oracle’s Business Analytics Strategy at Oracle OpenWorld Tokyo 2012May 2, 2012 No Comments
Announces New Updates to Extend the Industry’s Most Complete, Integrated Set of Business Analytics Offerings
- Today, Oracle President Mark Hurd addressed the Oracle OpenWorld Tokyo audience, speaking about the explosion of data and the critical business need to simplify IT.
- With 65 percent of the world’s enterprise data stored in Oracle databases, the need for real-time business analytics ranks among the most important business challenges for C-level executives.
- Oracle Senior Vice President of Analytics and Performance Management Products, Balaji Yelamanchili, outlined how organizations can leverage a comprehensive business analytics strategy to harness exploding data volumes and get intelligence into the hands of decision-makers faster and more efficiently.
- As the leader in Business Analytics, Oracle enables customers to plan, forecast, and monitor business performance faster and with more precision.
- Business analytics is a top priority for CIOs and finance executives as they continue to navigate an uncertain global economy, as well as rapidly evolving technology trends that include Big Data, mobile applications, in-memory analytics and cloud computing.
- Oracle Business Analytics, the industry’s most complete, integrated family of business analytics solutions, includes more than 80 business intelligence and performance management applications, business intelligence foundational technology, advanced analytics and Oracle Engineered Systems.
- Organizations can deploy Oracle Business Analytics solutions on premise, in the cloud and on mobile devices to perform any type of analysis, against any type of data, including structured and unstructured data from inside the firewall or external sources.
- Oracle’s Engineered Systems, including Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Big Data Appliance also help customers extend their business analytic capabilities with unprecedented performance, while accelerating deployment cycles, lowering costs and reducing risk.
Delivering customers new Business Analytics innovations, Oracle also today announced:
- Latest release of Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (188.8.131.52): Helps organizations achieve predictable performance through superior analytics with new project planning and account reconciliation modules, support for Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine and significant new capabilities.
- New analytic applications for SAP: Oracle Spend and Procurement Analytics for SAP and Oracle Supply Chain and Order Management Analytics for SAP extend Oracle’s family of packaged analytic applications for SAP, which also includes Oracle Financial Analytics for SAP. All of Oracle’s business intelligence and enterprise performance management applications are also certified to run on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine.
- Two new Oracle Business Intelligence Applications – Oracle Manufacturing Analytics and Oracle Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Analytics: The industry’s first and only in-memory analytic applications for Manufacturing and Asset Management analysis, the new offerings enable customers and partners serving manufacturing, energy production, utilities and other asset-intensive industries to gain better insights and make decisions at the speed of business.
- General availability of Oracle Endeca Information Discovery: The first enterprise platform for data discovery, it enables quick answers to new or unanticipated questions by combining structured and unstructured data without modeling. Endeca Information Discovery combines the simplicity of search with the power of analytics. It is certified to run on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.News