Oracle Unveils Oracle’s Primavera Inspire for SAP 8.0June 19, 2012 No Comments
Enhanced Integration Further Improves Project Planning and Execution
- Further simplifying enterprise project, portfolio and resource management, Oracle today announced the release of Oracle’s Primavera Inspire for SAP 8.0.
- The new release helps eliminate information silos and inefficient processes by extending the interoperability between Oracle’s Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management and SAP’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) project related applications.
- Release 8.0 of Oracle’s Primavera Inspire for SAP helps executives, project managers and project personnel to improve the planning and execution of large capital projects and maintenance operations by aligning material, resource, schedule and financial information.
- By enabling customers and partners to combine ERP financial management information with the project, portfolio and resource management and scheduling capabilities of Primavera P6, the new release delivers the accurate project and financial data required to drive business process standardization across corporate divisions and departments.
- The improved visibility and management of critical material requirements and resources also enables customers to streamline operations by helping to eliminate errors and inefficiencies created by manual and duplicate data entry.
- With a range of new management and integration capabilities designed to mitigate project risk and streamline processes, Primavera Inspire for SAP 8.0 further extends a customer’s investment in their existing project-related modules by providing fully synchronized project, materials and resource management.
Improved Materials Management, Memory Usage, Performance and Compatibility
- Primavera Inspire for SAP 8.0 helps organizations reduce project risks and meet critical delivery dates by effectively forecasting and managing costs, schedules, materials and resources across the enterprise or at a single site.
- New capabilities in release 8.0 of Oracle’s Primavera Inspire for SAP include:
- Materials Management Integration from Primavera P6 to SAP ERP – Supports the creation of Material Component Assignments based on planning performed in Primavera P6, allowing users to assign material resources in Primavera P6 that would ultimately be procured through SAP Materials Management functionality.
- Optimization of Memory Utilization and Performance – Will improve efficiency of large shutdown or turnaround scenarios while also allowing more parallel synchronizations.
- Compatibility with all supported versions of Oracle’s Primavera P6 – Provides continued interoperability between Primavera P6 and SAP ERP by enabling compatibility with Oracle Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Release 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle’s complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle’s lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Blanc & Otus