Pentaho Makes Hadoop Faster, More Affordable and Easier to Use With EMCMay 9, 2011 No Comments
Pentaho, the pioneer in agile business intelligence (BI), today announced it is an initial technology leader supporting the EMC® Greenplum® distribution of Hadoop. In addition, Pentaho also now offers native adaptor support for Greenplum GPLoad (bulk loader), which enables Greenplum and Pentaho customers to leverage Pentaho’s data integration capabilities to capture, prep and quickly load massive amounts of data into Greenplum tools in a more manageable graphically designed way.
The growth of unstructured data is driving opportunity and need for Hadoop in the enterprise. EMC Greenplum HD, a new family of Apache Hadoop-based solutions introduced by EMC, along with the EMC Hadoop ecosystem, will provide the first complete Big Data stack that includes storage, a MapReduce framework for processing unstructured data, an analytic database, predictive analytics and business intelligence. This enterprise grade “whole solution” is what customers require to enable the timely, efficient deployment of Hadoop, making Hadoop faster, more dependable, and easier to use.
In support of this launch, Pentaho has tested and certified support of both Pentaho Data Integration and the Pentaho BI Suite Enterprise Edition working with EMC Greenplum Hadoop and EMC Greenplum database and data warehouse products.
- Pentaho complements the Greenplum distribution of Hadoop providing an end-to-end Data Integration and Business Intelligence suite that enables an easy-to-use, graphical environment for managing data movement into and out of Hadoop and the cost advantages of commercial open source.
- Pentaho helps lower the technical barriers to adopting Hadoop by providing easy to use tools for:
- Managing the movement of data into and out of Hadoop,
- Orchestrating the execution of Hadoop jobs in relation to other tasks in ETL and/or BI workflows,
- Ability to graphically design MapReduce jobs,
- Batch reporting against data in Hadoop.
- Customers wanting to move massive amounts of data into Greenplum tools can now leverage Pentaho’s native adaptor support for Greenplum GPLoad enabling them to easily capture, prep and quickly load massive amounts of data into Greenplum tools through a simplified user interface.
- As the first BI vendor to announce support of Hadoop in May 2010, Pentaho has helped dozens of companies in a wide variety of industry verticals leverage Hadoop to solve difficult Data Integration challenges and deliver rich Business Intelligence solutions against massive amounts of data.
- Pentaho continues to work with a variety of distributions in the marketplace and is very excited to support EMC Greenplum’s entrance to the Hadoop Marketplace.