Schneider Electric Expands Power Protection Product Family with DIN Rail Industrial Panel UPSDecember 5, 2012 No Comments
SOURCE: Schneider Electric
WEST KINGSTON, RI – December 5, 2012 – Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, today introduced the DIN Rail Industrial Panel UPS (uninterruptible power supply), expanding the existing portfolio of power protection offerings to partners and system integrators in various industrial market segments such as manufacturing, water/waste water and automation controls markets. Offering high availability and reliability, installation flexibility and manageability, this small footprint DIN Rail Industrial Panel UPS is industrial panel or DIN rail mountable, making it ideal for small industrial spaces. The unit provides 500VA of power and features an integrated dry contact input/output (I/O) that provides battery status and emergency power off without an additional accessory. Integrated temperature-compensated battery charging prolongs battery life by regulating the charge voltage according to battery temperature while an automatic battery self-test enables early detection and identification when a battery needs replacement. A knock out feature in the chassis wall and floor allows for connecting the battery externally to the UPS to meet NEC 480.9(A) compliance and other regional electrical codes.
Additional features of the DIN Rail UPS include:
- * Hardwired I/O
- * Internal or external battery installation options; 3m cable included for external installation
- * SmartSlot for optional, alternate communication accessory cards such as network management or Modbus
- * Replaceable batteries that can be installed by the user, eliminating the need for a specialized technician
- * Hot-swappable batteries for reduced downtime, which can be replaced even while the UPS is operating on utility power
- * DB-9 Serial Port Communications RS232 protocol
- * LED status indicators which alerts users to the state of the UPS: on-line, on-battery, battery disconnected, or battery needs to be replaced
- * Audible alarms to notify users of the following conditions: on-battery, low battery, replace battery
The DIN Rail Industrial Panel UPS joins the complete line of Schneider Electric’s power protection offerings available for data centers and facilities of any size. Available immediately, please visit the product website or call 800-877-4080 for more information.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructures, Industries & Machine Manufacturers, Non-residential Buildings, Data Centers & Networks and Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the company’s 130,000 plus employees achieved sales of about 31 billion US dollars (22.4 billion euros) in 2011, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.