Site24x7 Service Launches Internal Network Monitor at Interop 2013May 6, 2013 No Comments
INTEROP – LAS VEGAS and PLEASANTON, Calif. — May 6, 2013 — Site24x7, the cloud infrastructure monitoring service from ManageEngine, today announced the launch of the On-Premise Monitor, the new feature that extends Site24x7 to include availability and performance monitoring of websites, web servers, custom portals and other IT resources inside users’ private networks. The move takes the convenience and cost-effectiveness of Site24x7’s cloud-based monitoring and brings those advantages behind the company firewall.
ManageEngine is demonstrating Site24x7, and exhibiting the rest of its portfolio, in booth 1367 at Interop 2013 being held May 6–10, 2013, at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The company is also demonstrating major upgrades that were just announced for ADSelfService Plus, the IT self-service software; Applications Manager, the on-premise application monitoring solution; and OpManager, the data center and network monitoring software.
“Today’s workforce uses both Internet and intranet applications to get work done. Traditional approaches to monitoring these apps, however, just gives companies more work to do, investing in more hardware and software as well as more IT staff to manage it all,” said Gibu Mathew, director of product management, Site24x7. “The On-Premise Monitor complements Site24x7’s global monitoring network of servers with a software component that users download and install in their internal networks to monitor mission-critical resources along with Internet-facing websites.”
Highlights of Site24x7 On-Premise Monitor
The On-Premise Monitor is stateless, cloud-friendly and light-weight software that is compatible with both Windows and Linux machines. It collects data related to uptime, response time, throughput and other performance metrics and pushes that data to the Site24x7 central server. Users can then view the status of their internal network resources in the Site24x7 web client.
Other highlights of the On-Premise Monitor include:
- Automatic, cloud-friendly updates – On-Premise Monitor automatically initiates one-way, HTTPS connections to Site24x7 servers to update itself. For security, the monitor does not support connections initiated by Site24x7.
- Stateless safety – On-Premise Monitor does not store user data in the locally-deployed software. Instead, data is stored in Site24x7 servers, so users can initiate monitor shut down, uninstall and other processes without fear of losing data.
- Extensive internal resource support – On-Premise Monitor facilitates monitoring of intranet portals, ERP systems, payroll applications, ping network devices, application servers, database servers and a host of other custom applications.
- Multi-channel notifications – On-Premise Monitor can issue instant notifications about downtime or performance issues via SMS/call, email and/or Twitter.
- Global monitoring capabilities – Combined with the On-Premise Monitor, Site24x7 can now monitor users’ Internet-facing services from 40+ locations across the world as well as monitor their intranet services. On-Premise Monitor can also be used to monitor Internet and intranet services running on the Amazon cloud.
Pricing and Availability
Site24x7 On-Premise Monitor is immediately available for Site24x7 Enterprise account holders only and is included in the price of their subscription. Learn more at http://www.site24x7.com/monitor-internal-network.html.
Related Site24x7 Resources
- Customer Testimonials: https://www.site24x7.com/site24x7-testimonials.html
- User Guide: http://help.site24x7.com/
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Site24x7
About Site 24×7
Site24x7 is a cloud infrastructure monitoring service from ManageEngine that helps monitor the uptime and performance of websites, online applications and servers. The monitoring is done from 40+ locations across the world, thus giving you a global perspective of the end-user experience. Site24x7 supports monitoring HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, TCP, IMAP, SSL, Ping, FTP, SFTP, DNS and other internet facing network services. For more information on Site24x7, please visit http://www.site24x7.com; follow the blog at http://blogs.site24x7.com, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Site24x7 and on Twitter at @Site24x7.
ManageEngine delivers the real-time IT management tools that empower an IT team to meet an organization’s need for real-time services and support. Worldwide, more than 72,000 established and emerging enterprises — including more than 60 percent of the Fortune 500 — rely on ManageEngine products to ensure the optimal performance of their critical IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, desktops and more. ManageEngine is a division of Zoho Corp. with offices worldwide, including the United States, India, Japan and China. For more information, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.News