SOA Software OAuth Server Simplifies Secure Sharing of Private Data with Cloud ApplicationsFebruary 25, 2013 No Comments
SOURCE: SOA Software
New product extends enterprise identity and access management systems to enterprise and partner mobile, web and desktop applications
Los Angeles, CA – Feb 25, 2013– SOA Software, a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA Governance solutions, today announced SOA Software OAuth ServerTM, the industry’s first comprehensive OAuth solution for the enterprise. SOA Software OAuth Server extends existing enterprise identity and access management systems, allowing users to use their enterprise credentials to login and control access to their data from partner and cloud applications.
SOA Software’s OAuth Server is an enterprise authentication and authorization product. It provides a comprehensive security token server that integrates with enterprise identity and access management systems providing the latest Web and API security standards including OpenId and OAuth. With the OAuth Server, businesses can publish and interact with secure data; provide a way for users to share private data between different applications, and allow users to approve applications to act on their behalf without sharing passwords.
The OAuth Server offers:
- Enterprise to cloud single-sign-on – customers, employees and partners can use their existing enterprise managed user information for single-sign-on with cloud applications
- Centrally managed access control – users can centrally manage the applications they choose share their private data with
- Secure Mobile Identity – a way for mobile device users to securely access enterprise and cloud applications without having to share their passwords
“By bringing OAuth to enterprise identity and access management systems, we are revolutionizing the way that businesses secure the integration of enterprise, partner and external applications,” said Alistair Farquharson, chief technology officer at SOA Software. “Enterprises can use the SOA Software OAuth Server to allow their users to approve mobile, web, and desktop applications to act on their behalf and securely share private data, without the need for legally complex, risky and heavyweight mechanisms.”
SOA Software’s OAuth Server is the first product to offer comprehensive, standards-based authentication and authorization capabilities to the enterprise. The product offers:
- Integration with most common enterprise identity systems including LDAP, Active Directory, CA SiteMinder, Oracle Access Manager, IBM TAM, RSA ClearTrust and more
- Comprehensive support for the OpenID, OAuth 1.0a and OAuth 2.0 specifications along with a wide array of other authentication and authorization specifications
- A fully brandable user experience allowing users to confidently make and manage their authorization decisions
- Built-in grant management so that users can control their own permissions
- Support for multiple providers each with its own set of resource and grant definitions, allowing the enterprise to offer a range of different OAuth services for different applications and purposes
- Guaranteed interoperability with most common systems, based on extensive lab and field interoperability testing.
Pricing and Availability
SOA Software OAuth Server™ is available now as on-premise software and as part of our Enterprise API Platform-as-a-Service solution. The OAuth Server starts at $50k.
About SOA Software
SOA Software is a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA governance products that enable customers to plan, build, run and share enterprise services and APIs. The world’s largest companies including Bank of America, Pfizer, and Verizon use SOA Software products to harness the power of their technology and transform their businesses. Gartner placed SOA Software in the Leaders Quadrant for the 2011 “Magic Quadrant for SOA Governance Technologies.” The company is also recognized as a “Leader” by the Forrester Research Waves for Integrated SOA Governance , SOA Management, and SOA Life Cycle Management. For more information, please visithttp://www.soa.com