SolarWinds to Present its Alternative to Traditional Enterprise IT Management at Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2013October 9, 2013 No Comments
AUSTIN, TX – October 3, 2013 – SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), an IT management leader serving over 150,000 customers worldwide including small to medium sized businesses and 425 of the Fortune 500 companies, today announced the company will exhibit and showcase its portfolio of IT operations solutions for the enterprise at Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2013 in Orlando, booth no. 227, on October 6-10. The event is an opportunity for IT industry leaders to learn how SolarWinds offers IT organizations an easy to implement, use and cost effective alternative to traditional business and IT service management solutions.
- Since SolarWinds’ founding in 1999, the company’s mission has been to provide purpose-built products that are designed to make IT professionals’ jobs easier. By working closely with and listening to SolarWinds’ user-community thwack of over 130,000* IT professionals, SolarWinds has challenged the status quo of expensive and complicated “framework” solutions established by most other enterprise software vendors and, in return, has earned the trust of 425 of the Fortune 500 companies and over 150,000 customers worldwide.
- Historically known as a provider of network management products, SolarWinds has evolved to manage the full IT spectrum – applications, servers, virtual environments, networks, storage, desktops and help desk – while maintaining the ability to efficiently solve specific problems for IT professionals. Today the company provides a foundation for monitoring and managing critical IT services from the underlying infrastructure to the application layer to user experience around business services through a single pane of glass.
- SolarWinds IT Operations Suite gives IT organizations unmatched end-to-end, top-to-bottom visibility and operational efficiency that’s user-friendly and scalable at a fraction of the cost of current enterprise solutions.
- At the core of SolarWinds IT Operations Suiteare three award-winning, fully-integrated products that provide comprehensive monitoring and management of applications, servers and network performance, collectively delivering a business and IT service management foundation:
- The SolarWinds IT Operations Suite can be further extended to monitor and manage change and configuration, IP addresses, virtualization, storage, firewalls, and web performance and end-user experience.
“IT organizations now have a powerful alternative to current traditional enterprise solutions – SolarWinds,” said Denny LeCompte, SVP of product strategy, SolarWinds. “From IT management point solutions driven by the needs of today’s IT pro to comprehensive, top-to-bottom visibility and control over the business stack, SolarWinds’ product portfolio is equipped to support IT organizations with disciplines across multiple functions and varying degrees of infrastructure complexity while delivering an unrivaled ease of use and affordability.”
“When I looked at SolarWinds six years ago, it lacked this product spread and scalability but was already on the right track. Its expansion has probably obviated an earlier risk of being swallowed up by a large infrastructure vendor,” said Peter Williams, Bloor Research. “Rather, with a large product portfolio and major cost and user-friendliness advantages over the Big Four – underpinned by revenues from a huge existing user base – there is no obvious reason why we should not soon talk about the high-end infrastructure management market in terms of the Big Five.”
“SolarWinds has changed the way we do business – even changing our lines of business. We now have a confident, specific software partner for network monitoring and management that we can lead with on every network project. We have specific services tied to SolarWinds and the functionality that it provides. It is easy enough for any of our customers to get started with, while being complex enough to meet advanced monitoring and reporting requirements,” said Joshua Biggley, operations architect, Bulletproof Solutions Inc. “Like most people, I used HP OpenView, WhatsUp Gold and, in some test environments, Nagios. HPOV hid my data behind an archaic UI, Nagios, ever extensible, made my upfront investment too high to gather simple data, and WhatsUp Gold started off well enough, but didn’t have the stamina to finish.”
*Member count is based on the number of unique email addresses in the thwack user database.
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements, which are subject to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements regarding SolarWinds’ expectation to continue to advance and redefine network management solutions, and remain a leader in delivering powerful, affordable and easy-to-use IT management software that solve real-world problems for everyone from the SMB to the large enterprise. These forward-looking statements are based on management’s beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available to management. Forward-looking statements include all statements that are not historical facts and may be identified by terms such as “will,” “believes,” or similar expressions and the negatives of those terms. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include, but are not limited to, the following: (a) the possibility that general economic conditions or uncertainty cause information technology spending to be reduced or purchasing decisions to be delayed; (b) the inability to increase sales to existing customers and to attract new customers; (c) SolarWinds’ failure to integrate acquired businesses and any future acquisitions successfully; (d) the timing and success of new product introductions by SolarWinds or its competitors; (e) changes in SolarWinds’ pricing policies or those of its competitors; and (f) such other risks and uncertainties described more fully in documents filed with or furnished to the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. All information provided in this release is as of the date hereof and SolarWinds undertakes no duty to update this information except as required by law.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our online community, thwack, to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com/.