SolarWinds User Device Tracker Adds Whitelisting and Port Shutdown CapabilitiesMay 15, 2013 No Comments
Austin, Texas – May 15, 2013 – SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced enhanced security updates to SolarWinds User Device Tracker (UDT), one of the industry’s only standalone device tracking and switch port management solutions.
SolarWinds UDT allows IT professionals to quickly identify all network devices, track historic device locations, perform automatic network discovery, produce a comprehensive list of switches and ports, and map logical connections. In addition, SolarWinds UDT features customizable reports and simple, do-it-yourself deployment.
SolarWinds UDT now includes two new features that aid in actively managing and mitigating security risks on a network. Whitelisting now allows IT pros to define a list of safe devices based on MAC address, IP address or host name, and receive an alert when a rogue device not on the list connects to the network. Port shutdown enables IT pros to remotely shut down a compromised port with point-and-click simplicity while the event is audited.
SolarWinds User Device Tracker Highlights:
- Network device tracking: Search by MAC address, IP address or host name to quickly find a device and retrieve the switch name, port, port description, VLAN, and more
- Network user tracking: Retrieve user connection details, including switch name or access point, port or SSID, and host name; view current and historical logins; and more
- Watch list: Create a list of devices or users and receive alerts when they connect to the network
- Automated switch port discovery and mapping: Map and monitor switch ports by ports used, CPU load, memory used, and more
Pricing for SolarWinds UDT starts at $1795 and includes the first year of maintenance. For more information, including a FREE, downloadable 30-day trial, visit the SolarWinds website or call 866.530.8100.
- Video: User Device Tracker Guided Tour
- Press Release: Six Real Security Threats IT Professionals May Face in 2013
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use, and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our online community, thwack, to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com.