Stoneware Announces the Availability of a New Hosted Offering; Alliances with Squash Compression Providing Data Acceleration and Quarri Providing Security Add-ons to webNetworkApril 15, 2014 No Comments
Indianapolis, IN – April 14, 2014 – Stoneware Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lenovo and the leader in Workspace Aggregation computing, announced the upcoming availability of a hosted (SaaS) version of webNetwork. Instead of installing the software on the customers’ premises, this version will be hosted in secure data centers offsite. This product delivers the same webNetwork experience, continuing to give users the freedom and flexibility to work the way they prefer.
“Hosted webNetwork is a SaaS version of the same great product that 8 million customers already use,” said Rick German, CEO of Stoneware. “The hosted version fills a gap for customers who do not currently have the IT infrastructure, or the manpower to maintain such an infrastructure. Hosted webNetwork opens the door to these customers to experience the benefits of a unified workspace now.”
In addition to the new hosted offering, Stoneware also announced the upcoming availability of webNetwork DataSafe and webNetwork Data Optimization, two powerful add-ons to enhance the delivery of resources and security. webNetwork DataSafe, powered by Quarri, shields sensitive data from malware while blocking inbound attacks. It protects data from being copied or captured by launching web pages in a secure browser. webNetwork, Data Optimization, powered by Squash Compression, decreases page load times, reduces bandwidth usage and minimizes latency.
“These add-ons greatly increase the capabilities of webNetwork,” said German. “They address the need to deliver resources faster to users, as well as give IT a greater level of security to address threats faced by the influx of devices and platforms. The technologies from Squash Compression and Quarri are both cutting-edge, and bring even greater functionality to an organization’s unified workspace.”
Key features of webNetwork include:
- Secure Cloud Access webDesktop – new mobile friendly user interface designed for smartphones and tablets
- webApp – deliver web, published Windows and virtual apps to any device
- webStorage – access to network and public cloud storage through a HTML5 interface that works across all devices
- webPass – a feature of webNetwork’s single sign-on that allows users to securely save usernames and passwords for work and personal websites
- webStore – provides end users self-service for websites and web applications
- webRDP – secure remote access to Terminal Servers and Windows apps from any browser
- Enhanced support for the new generation of devices like Chromebooks, Android tablets and Macs through HTML5 technologies
Established in 2000 and acquired by Lenovo in 2012, Stoneware delivers workspace and classroom management software that gives people the freedom and flexibility to work more productively. Stoneware’s webNetwork™ software creates a unified workspace where workers can access cloud apps, native applications and legacy systems from any device, regardless of where they are located. Stoneware’s LanSchool™ classroom management software enhances the learning experience by enabling instructors to easily manage classroom technology and monitor student involvement. Despite today’s complex technology environments, Stoneware gives users a single view of their diverse resources while providing IT with central oversight. For information, visit www.stone-ware.com.News