SURFACExchange Delivers World’s First High Performance FX Derivatives Trading Platform with Informatica Ultra MessagingAugust 6, 2012 No Comments
FX Derivatives Market Revolutionized with Sub-Millisecond Message Latency for Global Electronic Exchange
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that SURFACExchange, a leading derivatives exchange operating within the global currency derivatives markets, has standardized on Informatica Ultra Messaging as the low-latency and high throughput application communications backbone of the world’s first high-performance FX derivatives trading platform.
- By providing multicast protocol capabilities and ultra low-latency, highly available and flexible messaging across SURFACExchange’s entire electronic trading platform, Informatica’s high-performance Ultra Messaging middleware provides the fast-growing firm with a significant competitive advantage in the FX derivatives marketplace.
- SURFACExchange uses Informatica Ultra Messaging, part of the Informatica Platform, to seamlessly integrate 24 trading process components, including requests for quotes, orders, trades, execution/assignment and settlement.
- The direct peer-to-peer communication architecture of Informatica Ultra Messaging eliminates the need for centralized message brokers that would otherwise increase message delivery latency and impact reliability and scalability.
- In addition to helping power optimal trade execution performance, the Informatica messaging solution is also enabling SURFACExchange to:
- Support very high frequency FX trading strategies – SURFACExchange is able to easily handle the high message throughput requirements of high frequency trading along with increasing FX market pricing volumes.
- Increase system resiliency/availability – By operating in a hot/hot zero latency failover configuration, Informatica Ultra Messaging helps SURFACExchange ensure 24×7 service delivery and platform uptime for its clients.
- Reduce infrastructure costs – Informatica Ultra Messaging’s efficient product architecture and operational capabilities help SURFACExchange significantly reduce IT infrastructure costs.
Tweet this: News: @SURFACExchange Revolutionizes FX Derivatives Trading with @InformaticaCorp Ultra Messaging http://bit.ly/MHDoim
- “We didn’t want to re-invent the messaging platform for high frequency – we needed it to support massive throughput from day one,” said Evgeni Mitkov, chief executive officer, SURFACExchange. “With Informatica Ultra Messaging, we’re recording as low as 15 sub-millisecond latency, which gives SURFACExchange a real edge in the FX derivatives marketplace.”
- “SURFACExchange exemplifies how organizations standardizing on Informatica Ultra Messaging can in one sweep optimize the performance, resilience and cost structure of their messaging architectures leading to a competitive advantage,” said Mark Mahowald, general manager, Messaging Business Unit, Informatica. “SURFACExchange is revolutionizing high frequency FX derivatives trading and their choice of Informatica as the messaging backbone is a key success factor in their drive.”
- Success Story: SURFACExchange Standardizes on Informatica Ultra Messaging to Underpin First Electronic FX Derivatives Trading Platform
Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA) is the world’s number one independent provider of data integration software. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, nearly 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.