Track your Lenovo systems instantly with ManageEngine Desktop CentralJune 14, 2012 No Comments
As per Lenovo’s announcement, it is recalling 188,000 think centers that fall under M70z and M90z model numbers. Lenovo has determined that due to a failure of the power supply in the affected all-in-one PCs, the system can overheat and pose a fire hazard.
For enterprises, this is an imperative issue because it can affect the company’s critical resources. Hence, it is advisable to replace the affected systems at the earliest.
However, in organizations, manual tracking the model number of affected systems may consume enormous amount of time and thus may result in productivity loss.
ManageEngine Desktop Central customers have an easy way to identify the affected systems. Given below are the steps to get the details of affected Lenovo computers:
You should have installed Desktop Central and should have managed all the Lenovo Computers in your network.
- Ensure that you have configured the Proxy Server settings in Desktop Central, as it requires reaching the Lenovo site to check whether the system is affected.
- Download the LenovoRecall.zip from the following URL:
- Extract the zip under DesktopCentral_Server directory.
- Open a command prompt as an Administrator
- Change directory to <Desktopcentral_Server>/LenovoRecall
- Execute Lenovo Recall.bat
- This process may take some time depending on the number of computers you have in your network.
- After completion, you will find the list of affected computers in your network in LenovoRecall.txt file available at the same location.
For queries, contact DesktopCentral-support@ManageEngine.com
Reference link for the news: