Updates From IBM PartnerWorldFebruary 15, 2011 No Comments
It’s clear from my initial scan of the agenda, that IBM intends to use its clout with partners to create a broad ecosystem to support its cloud initiatives. It intends to help its partners develop cloud expertise by supporting five types of business partners.
Here’s the list of specialties IBM has defined and how IBM defines them:
- Cloud Application Providers — deliver business applications via a subscription model through the cloud such as Software as a Service
- Cloud Builders — design, build and manage clients’ cloud needs, typically integrating with existing infrastructure and public, private and hybrid clouds
- Cloud Infrastructure Providers — provide a public cloud infrastructure or Platform as a Service on which application providers and companies can host their offerings
- Cloud Services Solution Providers — resell multiple public cloud services and offer complementary services such as training and integration
- Cloud Technology Providers — provide the tools, services, and technologies — such as cloud management, billing metering and monitoring — that help clients use the cloud more effectively