WSO2 Brings Technical Workshops on Enterprise Governance for On-Premise and the Cloud to London, Stockholm, Paris and FrankfurtJanuary 19, 2012 No Comments
WSO2 Workshops Will Provide IT Professionals with Hands-on Experience in Applying Governance Best Practices Using WSO2 Stratos and WSO2 Governance Registry
Palo Alto, CA – January 19, 2012 – Service-oriented architecture (SOA) governance allows businesses to effectively manage the consistency, predictability, change and interdependencies of services. By attending the WSO2 workshop, “Governing the Enterprise: On-Premise & Cloud,” IT architects, developers and managers can gain insights into best practices for enterprise SOA governance throughout the service lifecycle. Attendees also will use their laptop computers to build a prototype lifecycle model during the hands-on workshop.
The one-day WSO2 governance workshop will be held in four cities across Europe. Each session will run from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. They include:
- London, The IET London: Savoy Place, Tuesday, January 24, 2012; to register visit
- Stockholm, Redpill Linpro Headquarters, Friday, January 27, 2012; to register visit
- Paris, Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris Hotel, Tuesday, January 31, 2012; to register
- Frankfurt, Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, Thursday, February 2, 2012; to register visit
Governing the Enterprise: On-premise and Cloud
The workshop will explore key concepts of governance in a modern enterprise. Attendees will learn how the WSO2 Stratos cloud middleware platform and WSO2 Governance Registry provide solutions for typical enterprise governance challenges—both on-premise and in the cloud. Workshop session topics will include:
- Managing Risk in the Enterprise: This session will focus on risk prevention, identifying enterprise threats and best practices for mitigating them.
- Building a Governance Model: Attendees will learn how to define and develop an ideal governance model using the WSO2 Carbon enterprise middleware platform.
- Lifecycle Management: This session will teach attendees how to build a prototype lifecycle model using the WSO2 Governance Registry and related tools. It also will examine the lifecycle management process.
- Compliance and Audit: This session will define a formal verification and validation model of IT functionality. It also will examine issues of compliance, best practices for addressing them, and policies promoted by organizations such as the Jericho Forum.
- Runtime Governance, SLA Management: Attendees will learn how to create an environment for runtime governance with supporting service-level agreement (SLA) management monitoring and implementation policies.
- Portability and Interoperability: This session will address common portability and interoperability challenges, presenting “governance done right” practices as a solution.
- A Hybrid Governance Model: On-premise and Cloud: This final session will cover the definition and design of a hybrid governance model spanning across on-premise and cloud systems.
Additionally, the London and Stockholm workshops will be joined by guest presenters. The London workshop will feature Darren Palmer, British Airways technical design lead, in a session entitled “SOA Centre of Excellence: British Airways.” The Stockholm workshop will include a guest speaker from Redpill Linpro, the leading provider of open source implementation services in Scandinavia.
The workshops in London, Stockholm, Paris, and Frankfurt will be led by Senaka Fernando, WSO2 associate technical lead and product manager of the WSO2 Governance Registry. Senaka is an elected member of the Apache Software Foundation (ASF), serving as a Project Management Committee (PMC) member and committer for multiple projects.
Joining the London session will be Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO. Paul is vice president of the Apache Synapse Project and co-chair of the OASIS Web Services Reliable eXchange Technical Committee. He has contributed to the development of several middleware, Web service, and open source standards.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com and the WSO2 OxygenTank developer portal at http://wso2.org, or check out WSO2 on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.APPLICATION INTEGRATION, News