10 Business Trends for Enterprise Architecture in the ’10sOctober 21, 2011 No Comments
But as we all know, technology doesn’t happen in a vacuum.
Now here’s Hopkins’ list of 10 top business technology trends that are shaping EA as we know it (hint: it’s all about data, data, data):
1) Business intelligence becomes agile, pervasive, and limitless: “Expect to see best practices and next-generation BI and data warehouse technologies mature,” Hopkins says, noting that data provides the competitive edge.
2) Business rules take on complex business events: Those companies ahead of the pack will do a better job of sensing and responding to material events.
3) Analytics use big data to deliver better, faster insights: Big data is here, and firms want to be able to gain key insights from all this information — such as customer attitudes, sales opportunities, and fraud prevention.
4) BPM embraces rules, events, and empowered technologies: Business process management is spreading its wings to include social technology, business rules and events, cloud, and mobile.
5) MDM meets process data management: “Expect continued investment in master data management, but the nature of enterprise business process transformation makes progress slow,” Hopkins says.Featured Blogs