Actuate Launches Dash for GoldJuly 30, 2012 No Comments
SOURCE: Actuate Corporation
San Mateo, Calif., – July 25, 2012 – Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: BIRT), The people behind BIRT® and the leader in open source Business Intelligence (BI), today announced that it has teamed with Actuate Big Data partner, KXEN, the leading provider of predictive analytics for business users, to develop “Dash for Gold”. Dash for Gold is a free, interactive app that includes predetermined dashboards and also allows users to perform their own analytics.
Dash for Gold can be used by everyone to analyze competition results since 1900 against 52 years of world statistics to hypothesize which statistics are determinants of medal success. Dash for Gold, which covers sporting history for every competing country, is available as a mobile app, with a comprehensive browser version in English, French, German and Simplified Chinese.
People using Dash for Gold will be able to analyze massive data sets, via an intuitive user interface and also have the ability to share and publish their findings. No prior experience with analytics is necessary to find answers to questions such as:
- Which country has won the most medals in your favorite sports?
- Does the host nation have a home field advantage?
- Does your country send better men or women to major global sporting competitions?
- Does per capita wine consumption affect who stands on the podium?
BIRT Dash for Gold Challenge: Join the Athletes and Compete
BIRT Dash for Gold is a competition open to any registered user of Dash for Gold. Beginning July 27 everyone will have an opportunity to create their own interactive dashboards to uncover trends and fun facts about the world’s top sporting competitions by comparing economic, climatic, historical and other indicators to sports data. With simple drag and drop Google-style gadgets, users will be able to discover hidden correlations and expose exciting information about their favorite countries and sporting events. Users can register and submit their dashboards to the contest and the dashboards will be published to the community for all to see. Judges will evaluate and choose the top four dashboards and each will win a 32GB 3rd generation Apple iPad with WiFi. See contest rules for details. Registration ensures users are kept current on the latest updates and contest announcements.
Dash for Gold – Behind the Scenes
Dash for Gold showcases the power of dashboards – no matter the user’s skill level – and has been built using ActuateOne. For the “Did-You-Know?” tab of the application Actuate uses KXEN’s InfiniteInsight™ to provide new ways of analyzing competition data alongside other data sets to discover stunning and completely new facts and to predict which teams will win medals.
Dash for Gold proves how easy it is for anybody to use, build and share their own dashboards. Facts and figures on the application itself:
- Real Cloud-based, SaaS platform: Dash for Gold is hosted on Actuate’s own commercial SaaS platform BIRT onDemand. Users can use BIRT onDemand to share analytics and make reports, dashboards and apps accessible to everybody inside and outside the firewall.
- Live Application: Like any consumer application, users register and then gain access to their own Dash for Gold account with user credentials, default dashboard configuration, interactive content, document publishing and canvas sharing, allowing for a full experience of working with BIRT.
- Mobile: All event results can be tracked via a simple URL, making the key information available to you anytime, anywhere.
- Real Analysis: In the same way business users analyze the results of their latest marketing campaign by looking at many variables across regions, Dash for Gold users of any skill level can correlate medal-winning countries across a variety of event disciplines and against global economic indicators to understand the complex relationships that impact the results of a global competition.
For more information about Dash for Gold visit http://www.dashforgold.com/faq.
KXEN is revolutionizing the way companies use predictive analytics to make better decisions on petabytes of big data. Based on patented innovations, the company’s flagship product, InfiniteInsight™, delivers orders of magnitude improvements in speed and agility to optimize every step in the customer lifecycle – including acquisition, cross-sell, up-sell, retention and next best activity. Proven with over 400 deployments at companies such as AAA, Allegro, Bank of America, Barclays, Belgacom, CBS Interactive, ING Direct, Lowe’s, Meredith Corporation, Mobilink, Overstock.com, PT XL Axiata, RealNetworks, Rhapsody, Rockwell, Rogers, Sears, Shutterfly, Stage Stores, U.S. Cellular and Vodafone, KXEN solutions deliver predictive power and infinite insight™. KXEN is headquartered in San Francisco, California with field offices in the U.S., Paris, London and Bangkok.
Actuate – the people behind BIRT
Actuate founded and co-leads the Eclipse BIRT open source project. ActuateOne™ is a unified suite of products for rapidly developing and deploying BIRT-based custom Business Intelligence applications and information applications. Applications built with ActuateOne provide one user experience regardless of task or skill level; are supported by one server for any deployment including cloud and are built with one BIRT design that can access and integrate any data source – including high volume print streams. ActuateOne adds rich data visualizations, including interactivity, dashboards, analytics, and deployment options to web and mobile BIRT applications, helping organizations drive revenue through higher customer satisfaction and improved operational performance.
Actuate has over 5,000 customers globally in a diverse range of business areas including financial services and the public sector. Founded in 1993, Actuate is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices worldwide. Actuate is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol BIRT. For more information, visit the company’s web site at www.actuate.com or visit the BIRT community at www.birt-exchange.com.DATA and ANALYTICS , News