Adlucent Launches Precision Product Targeting for Google Product Listing Ads (PLAs)September 7, 2012 No Comments
Adlucent announced today that its enhanced Precision Product Targeting for Product Listing Ads (PLAs) offering is immediately available to retailers who want to acquire more customers with Google Shopping. Now, through Adlucent, retailers can easily and successfully manage PLAs at the product level, carefully matching search queries to the right item and bid based on a deep understanding of consumer intent. Unlike feed management or aggregate targeting, Adlucent’s SKU-level targeting and optimization yields ongoing increases in PLA performance and efficiency, such as leading retailer Adorama’s year-over-year clickthrough rate (CTR) increase of 176% and conversion rate (CVR) increase of 100% with Precision Product Targeting for PLAs.
“Google PLAs are not simply a replacement for Google Product Search or just another comparison shopping opportunity,” said Michael Griffin, CTO and founder of Adlucent. “Successfully managing the paid search media requires much more than feed management and optimization. Instead, with Precision Product Targeting for PLAs, retailers can effectively optimize to the search queries consumers are using to find their products. It’s understanding consumer intent, like PPC, and carefully matching search queries to the right ads at the lowest cost possible.”
Adlucent’s Precision Product Targeting for PLAs builds on the company’s ten-year history of delivering measurable paid search performance and efficiency for retail brands like Buy.com, Jewelry Television, Oriental Trading Company and Free People. As retailers prepare for the shift to Google Shopping, Adlucent is the first in the industry to create a targeting methodology allowing Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) management at the product level. Predictive bidding is managed at the most granular levels possible – keyword-level for PPC, product-level for PLAs— resulting in spend allocation only to top performing products.
“For retailers already utilizing Google Product Search, this shift by Google means adjusting quickly to preserve revenue and paid search market share,” Griffin continued. “For retailers not participating in the program, Google’s change means an opportunity to protect and acquire market share. With increased traffic being driven to the more prominently positioned PLAs on Google SERPs, all retailers should be refining their strategy now.”
Precision Product Target for PLAs: Features & Benefits
Adlucent’s Precision Product Targeting for PLAs draws on Deep Search® search marketing and retail analytics platform. Its SKU-level targeting and optimization offers powerful synergies between PLA and paid search ads when they are managed together, including leveraging product-level data and intelligence across both ad types and using PPC to funnel traffic to PLAs (and vice versa). To maximize PLA performance, Adlucent’s Deep Search capabilities go far beyond feed management:
- Shopping Analytics to compare hundreds of PLA and PPC performance metrics side-by-side at the product level, subcategory level, or category level
- Predictive Bid Management utilizing micro-segmentation of multiple retailer data sets to proactively manage bids at the product level
- Search Query Mining to negate ineffectual terms and reduce wasted ad spend, as well as leverage successful terms to optimize product info and text to match the customer intent
- Product-level Reporting to pinpoint product attributes driving performance and analyze product sales by channel – keywords vs. PLAs
- Ad Text Optimization managed at the SKU level to provide a more relevant and focused promotional message and drive highly qualified clicks
- Landing Page Testing and Optimization to promote continuous conversion improvement
- Quality Score Optimization to ensure that clickthrough rates are maximized
- Attribution to see the effect of upstream clicks on PLAs and vice versa
Adlucent is a marketing technology and analytics agency based in Austin, Texas, focusing solely on retail and eCommerce companies. Leveraging its Deep Search® search marketing and retail analytics platform, Adlucent’s experts help the smartest retailers acquire new customers and grow revenue profitably through digital marketing. Expanding from a decade-long relationship with Amazon.com, Adlucent’s current client base includes more than 130 retail brands such as Oriental Trading Company, Buy.com, Anthropologie, Jewelry Television, and Free People.
PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1mFIn)