Fifth Annual Healthcare Business Intelligence Summit ReconvenesJune 26, 2013 No Comments
MINNEAPOLIS, June 24, 2013 – Minneapolis is set to become a national epicenter of healthcare data thought leadership and policy discussion this September when the city plays host to the fifth annual Healthcare Business Intelligence Summit. Founded by locally based healthcare thought leader Lancet, the summit brings together healthcare executives to debate national data issues, developments and best practices in the use and management of data across the healthcare industry. Attendance is free for qualified healthcare professionals. See website for details.
Scheduled for September 19, 2013 at the prestigious McNamara Alumni Center in Minneapolis, the 2013 Healthcare Business Intelligence Summit will address breaking trends and critical developments in the healthcare industry. All sessions will be of particular significance this year given the sweeping data management changes mandated by the incoming Affordable Care Act. New to the Summit for 2013 is a series of hands-on workshops exploring all aspects of business intelligence for healthcare.
“We’re in our fifth year but this year the summit is more critical than ever,” says Summit founder, Laura Madsen, international speaker on Healthcare Business Intelligence and author of Healthcare Business Intelligence: a Guide to Empowering Successful Data Reporting and Analytics. “Healthcare organizations and professionals are facing a sea change in the way data is collated, managed and used for operational purposes. Our goal this year is to really drill down into the evolving landscape and provide strategies and tools for attendees of every level to understand the critical importance of business intelligence in their own roles as well as the industry’s future.”
This year’s keynote speaker will be Dr. Kent Bottles, Chief Medical Officer of PYA Analytics and a faculty member of the Thomas Jefferson School of Population Health in Philadelphia. Dr. Bottles will address the four key trends affecting the American healthcare delivery system: the Affordable Care Act, the digital revolution, big data, and social media.
His keynote will examine how these trends are converging to transform the delivery system and the way hospitals, providers, payers, employers, and government agencies must adapt to thrive in the new landscape.
Some of the featured speakers include:
- * Erik van der Velde, a senior Healthcare BI consultant and leader of the Data Governance program at the University Medical Center Groningen, one of the largest hospitals in the Netherlands;
- * Lisa (Min) Hu, Vice President of the Enterprise Adherence Initiative at CVS Caremark and leader of the business application team that provides knowledge and insight into the strategy and delivery of improved adherence within the CVS Caremark enterprise;
- * Neil Ravitz, Chief Operating Officer for the Chief Medical Officer at University of Pennsylvania Health Systems where his focus is on improving quality and patient safety outcomes and process;
- * John R (Skip) Valusek is a senior industrial and systems engineer as well as an evaluator, team lead and judge for the Upper Midwest Performance Excellence Network (formerly the Minnesota Council for Quality). He is an expert in integrated systems, information governance, real time data decision process modeling and support.
- * Neil Raden, Analyst, Consultant and Author in Analytics and Decision Science. Raden is the founder and Principal Analyst at Hired Brains Research, a provider of consultation and implementation services in business intelligence, analytics and decision management.
The 2013 Healthcare Business Intelligence Summit takes place September 19. 2013 from 7.30am to 4.00pm at the McNamara Alumni Center, 200 Oak Street SE, Minneapolis, MN. Sessions are free for qualified healthcare professionals. For more information, directions, full details on all sessions and complete speaker bios visit www.healthcarebisummit.com.
About the Healthcare Business Intelligence Summit
The Healthcare Business Intelligence Summit is a free, one-day event providing education and networking for healthcare professionals. Attendees learn the latest trends, best practices and “how to” solutions for healthcare data management and analytics from industry experts, technology leaders and cutting edge BI thinkers in the BI community
Carol W. Schuler | Schuler Publicity
email@example.com | cell: 612.281.7030 twitter: schulersaid