Energizing Business Via SOA and Cloud Best Practices WorkshopJanuary 11, 2011 No Comments
Continued economic gains in 2011 will accelerate demand for an agile IT infrastructure that enables enterprises to more rapidly and intelligently introduce new products, develop new channels, and respond to evolving market conditions. Service-oriented architecture (SOA) practices and concepts have proven successful in addressing these requirements — tying new systems, legacy systems, and external systems into a cohesive platform that supports business. Moreover, the flexibility inherent in SOA is enabling IT organizations to extend these benefits to the cloud.
WSO2 will provide enterprise architects and software developers with an overview of proven SOA and cloud best practices for achieving agility in a dynamic one-day workshop, “Energizing Your Business with SOA and Cloud.”
- Silicon Valley, January 25, Techmart, Santa Clara, CA.
- Salt Lake City, January 28, Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Orlando, January 31, Florida Conference Center, Orlando, FL.
Each one-day workshop will run 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The cost is only $70 per person to attend. To register, visit http://wso2.com/events/workshops/2011-jan-usa-soa-workshop.
SOA and Cloud: Demos Bring Key Concepts to Life
Leading the workshop will be SOA experts Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 director of solutions architecture and an Apache Software Foundation (ASF) committer, and Afkham Azeez, WSO2 senior software architect and senior manager, and an elected member of ASF. They will provide a refresher of key SOA concepts, review some common building blocks and patterns that are crucial to an SOA architect’s tool chest, and provide practical demonstrations using WSO2 Carbon family middleware products. They also will explain and dispel myths about cloud computing and demonstrate the practical value possible with the WSO2 Stratos cloud platform. The lively and practical sessions will include brief demonstrations of a sample application using WSO2 Carbon and WSO2 Stratos.
SOA workshop session topics will include:
- Architecture—Planning for Flexibility: provides a brief refresher on the core practices of SOA and their emergence as a set of solutions to the problems of Internet-scale application development, deployment, and management.
- Services—Laying the Cornerstone: explains how to apply core service interfaces to processes, information sources, databases, and legacy systems. Includes a demo of the WSO2 Web Services Application Server, WSO2 Data Services Server, and WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus.
- Governance and Security: provides governance techniques and technologies, along with policy-based identity and security management, and effective monitoring of the system. Includes a demo of the WSO2 Governance Registry, WSO2 Identity Server, and WSO2 Business Activity Monitor.
- Business Processes and Portals—Interfacing with Real People: illustrates how to maximize business leverage by connecting SOA services to the business through executable business processes and giving visibility to key performance indicators through mashups and dashboards. Includes a demo of the WSO2 Business Process Server, WSO2 Mashup Server, and WSO2 Gadget Server.
- De-mystifying the Cloud: sorts through the hype to explain the concepts behind software-as-a-service (SaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS), infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) as well as the differences between public, private and hybrid clouds. This session also discusses how a clean SOA is a prerequisite to getting the most out of cloud technologies. Includes a demo of WSO2 Stratos.
- The Perfect Project—Development and Deployment Advice: examines the successes and failures of enterprise projects and looks at why agile development methodologies are emerging as the preferred way to execute SOA projects.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments — internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com and the WSO2 OxygenTank developer portal at http://wso2.org, or check out WSO2 on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Planet WSO2, and FriendFeed.APPLICATION INTEGRATION, CLOUD COMPUTING, News