Oracle Announces Oracle® Health Sciences Information ManagerFebruary 21, 2011 No Comments
- Oracle today introduced the Oracle® Health Sciences Information Manager, an open standards-based solution that improves data management and strengthens data privacy and security to facilitate secure access, analysis and exchange of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Providing healthcare data aggregation and data management, consent management, and auditing for regulatory compliance, Oracle Health Information Manager forms the foundation for a comprehensive Electronic Health Record (EHR) and a Health Information Exchange (HIE) solution.
- Oracle Health Sciences Information Manager facilitates interoperability of data between disparate systems by supporting numerous Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) specifications, US Federal Health Architecture and global open standards.
- In addition, Oracle Health Sciences Information Manager eliminates much of the cost, time and effort associated with traditional software installations. The Oracle Health Sciences Information Manager is delivered through an Oracle VM Template, which provides pre-installed and pre-configured software images. As a result, customers gain a proven architecture, faster time-to-value and lower maintenance costs.
- The solution is integrated with Oracle Health Sciences Information Gateway to create the foundation for the latest generation of Oracle Health Information Exchange.
- Key benefits of the Oracle Health Sciences Information Manager include:
- Improved Electronic Health Record Management provided by the Oracle Health Sciences Health Record Locator, which tracks the location of multiple health record documents for each patient that might be stored in many different data centers. Health Record Locator is key to supporting document retrieval across federated, centralized or hybrid health information exchange models;
- Increased Information Security delivered by the Oracle Health Sciences Health Policy Engine, which helps eliminate the potential for human error or malfeasance by automating the process of determining what PHI can be released or accessed based on consent policies;
- Simplified Regulatory Compliance through centralized audit records created by the Oracle Health Sciences Health Policy Monitor. The solution can also deliver compliance-related data to monitoring tools for privacy officers;
- Turnkey Integration with the Nationwide Health Information Network via CONNECT-compliant architecture and components.
- “Electronic health records represent the way forward for delivering more personalized, affordable, and most importantly, effective care. To realize the promise of EHRs, however, healthcare providers must ensure efficient and secure transmission of protected health information as well as compliance with the numerous requirements and standards governing healthcare data,” said Neil de Crescenzo, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences. “Oracle Health Sciences Information Manager helps healthcare providers to advance this vision by integrating health data privacy and security management in a single location to streamline compliance and support the secure transmission of healthcare data when and where it is needed to deliver effective care.”
- Oracle in Health Sciences
- Oracle in Healthcare
- Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
- Join the Oracle Health Sciences Community on Facebook
- Watch Oracle Health Sciences on YouTube
Oracle is the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, please visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.