Oracle Expands Oracle Optimized Solution for Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure with SPARC and Oracle SolarisJune 14, 2012 No Comments
Cloud Solution Delivers Up to 50 Percent Lower TCO Over Five Years Than IBM or HP, Speeds Private Cloud Deployment and Management
Redwood Shores, Calif. – June 13, 2012
- Broadening its cloud portfolio, Oracle today announced a new SPARC/Oracle Solaris option for its Oracle Optimized Solution for Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure.
- Designed, tuned, tested and fully documented, the Oracle Optimized Solution for Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure now offers customers looking to upgrade, consolidate and virtualize their existing SPARC-based infrastructure a proven foundation for private cloud-based services which can lower TCO by up to 81 percent(1).
- Oracle’s solution helps enable faster time to service, can help reduce deployment time from weeks to days, and can increase system utilization to 80 percent.
- The Oracle Optimized Solution for Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure can also be deployed at up to 50 percent lower cost over five years than comparable HP/VMware and IBM/PowerVM alternatives(2).
- The Oracle Optimized Solution for Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure is also available on x86 servers with Oracle Solaris or Oracle Linux, and the entire solution is being demonstrated this week at Cloud Expo in New York City in booth #511. For more information on Oracle at Cloud Expo, visit Oracle’s events page.
Oracle Hardware and Software Engineered Together Helps Reduce Cost, Improves Operational Agility
- The expanded solution announced today spotlights Oracle’s unique ability to engineer hardware and software together, combining Oracle’s latest SPARC T-Series servers; Oracle Solaris 11, the first cloud OS; Oracle VM Server for SPARC, Oracle’s Sun ZFS Storage Appliance, and, Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c, which manages all Oracle system technologies, streamlining cloud infrastructure management.
- With Oracle VM Server for SPARC and Oracle Solaris Zones, the Oracle Optimized Solution for Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure provides robust and flexible virtualization capabilities included with Oracle systems at no additional cost when combined with Oracle Premier Support services.
- Oracle VM Templates speed application deployment by enabling the installation of pre-configured software images such as Oracle Database in minutes.
- Oracle Advanced Customer Support Services offers mission critical support services from installation, configuration and performance reviews to dedicated advanced support and preventative monitoring to help customers looking to deploy private clouds or simply optimize and virtualize their data center infrastructure.
“Oracle delivers complete, virtualized infrastructure that is secure, highly scalable, and offers excellent price/performance for UNIX applications versus the competition,” said Ganesh Ramamurthy, vice president of engineering, Oracle. “The Oracle Optimized Solution for Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure provides customers a flexible, cost-effective solution for moving SPARC and RISC-based services onto a secure private cloud infrastructure.”
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit http://www.oracle.com/.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This document is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract or agreement.
(1) Comparison based on current SPARC server customers consolidating existing installations including Sun Fire E4900, Sun Fire V440 and SPARC Enterprise T5240 servers to latest generation SPARC T4 servers. Actual deployments and configurations will vary.
(2) Comparison based on solution with SPARC T4-2 servers with Oracle Solaris and Oracle VM Server for SPARC versus HP ProLiant DL380 G7 with VMware and Red Hat Enterprise Linux and IBM Power 720 Express – Power 730 Express with IBM AIX Enterprise Edition and Power VM.