Oracle Announces Latest Version of Oracle Health Sciences ClearTrial SoftwareMay 21, 2012 No Comments
Oracle Announces Latest Version of Oracle Health Sciences ClearTrial Software
Award-Winning Clinical Trial Operations Software Now Features Enhanced Integration into Business Processes Across the Plan-to-Payment Lifecycle
Redwood Shores, Calif. – May 15, 2011
* Oracle today announced availability of Oracle Health Sciences ClearTrial 4.6, the latest version of the cloud-based clinical trial operations software developed by ClearTrial, which is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Oracle.
* To deliver a faster, more accurate, and consistent platform for managing clinical trial information across the plan-to-payment lifecycle, the new release includes the following enhancements:
* Greater accuracy and consistency through rules-based assignment of department and general ledger codes to clinical study labor tasks and pass-through costs, based on organization-defined parameters – allowing streamlined integration between ClearTrial and financial systems
* Increased support for sponsor/CRO collaboration and negotiation by enabling the dynamic generation of a detailed Bid Grid Report, incorporating the specific tasks and outputs based on the study’s unique clinical assumptions – providing a comprehensive framework for the RFP and outsourcing processes.
* Expanded capabilities to seamlessly forecast and budget a portfolio of studies by therapeutic area, service provider and development organization with an increased number of possible study scenarios and faster, easier refinement during the portfolio scenario planning process.
“We are proud to deliver another comprehensive product release incorporating extensive industry research and input from our global customer base,” said Andrew Grygiel, chief marketing officer, ClearTrial. “Oracle Health Sciences ClearTrial 4.6 expands the breadth and depth of the software’s capabilities, further enabling biopharmaceutical and medical device companies to streamline clinical development from plan to payment.”
“This announcement reinforces our commitment to maintaining the release schedule and continuing development of the recently acquired ClearTrial solutions, which are an ideal complement to the broad range of Oracle Health Sciences software that helps life sciences companies reduce the cost of clinical trials while accelerating their execution and improving their outcomes,” said Neil de Crescenzo, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health Sciences.
Follow Oracle Health Sciences on Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company’s best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to health sciences, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.