How To Manage Your Communication Network The Proper WayFebruary 22, 2021 No Comments
Featured article by Allen Brown, Independent Technology Author
In this article, we shall not only discuss ways to manage your communication network but also discuss everything about communication networks. First off, what is a communication network?
A communication network is more or less a means or method in which users employ to pass across valuable information. Take for instance in an organization, employees or members use various channels or patterns to send across information to one another. However, this is possible only when the network has effectively devised the number of personnel involved in the communication process, nature, and also the size of the communication network.
Additionally, there are various network pattern or types of network, and they are:
- Vertical Network: As the name implies vertical, is a form of communication that passes from an individual or a process to other personnel or a process. This pattern can occur from the top to the bottom or vice versa. Here, information is received at a quicker rate than any other network, as the communication renders an immediate response making the receiver get the required information swiftly.
- Chain Network: This kind of network isn’t a straightforward network like the vertical network, but rather there are a series of commands it follows. This network is more of a hierarchical level pattern in which a superior gives an order to its subordinates. Another good example of the chain network is when a leader is giving out commands or leading its group. People who do not understand this message are mostly going to remain in the loop as it isn’t a fast network.
- Circuit Network: The reason why this is called a circuit network is that when communication occurs, it is usually simultaneously between two people in a circuit. This network is more or less similar to the vertical network and there is nothing like inferiors or superiors here. This is more of a two-way form of communication. In this circuit network, the people involved are of the same level as the information reception doesn’t break down but rather is a continuous process.
- Wheel Network: Once a message is passed across to the receiver, there is an urgency to render feedback as the network is in a centralized format. This network gives out information by a single superior and for this reason, it can be referred to as a micromanagement form of communication.
- Star Network: A star normally has five edges, hence several people play a role in this network. The star network allows people who are involved in the same process to effectively communicate with one another. There is no central person who is in charge of this network, as everyone is given the license to communicate with one another. An excellent example of the star network is a WhatsApp group relating to work.
So, having discussed the various types of communication networks, it is important to have an understanding of the characteristics of the communication networks.
Characteristics of Communication Network
Some of the characteristics of a communication network are:
- Information shared in the form of a message must be well constructed and void of any jargon. It is expected that the message should be short or in simple words, and an active voice preferably. Also, use bullet points especially when the message is long.
- Messages which tend to be lengthy should be discarded to enable the reader or listener to have an in-depth understanding without been distracted in any way, to be able to execute or proceed on the next line of action.
- Another characteristic is that the information passed should be concrete information and explained properly. Also, one should desist from giving out false information to avoid communication mishaps.
- The information or rather message should be in relevant order. Information or rather messages that aren’t complete should be discarded or better still avoided at all means possible, as it is ideal in any given way. If a message is twisted (saying the beginning in the end or vice versa), there is every possibility of the receiver interpreting such information in a wrong manner, and this can in turn result in conflicting ideas.
- As a receiver, they are expected to have an understanding of the information and should ask for clarity where possible.
- Miscommunication should be avoided at all costs as the listener should be duly focused when the information is sent.
- The listener should avoid his or her emotions getting the best of them, especially when passing information. Only the right information passed from the top-level should be the main focus here.
Managing your communication network, the proper way requires understanding, following due process, and also patience. Information is very important or rather vital and as such should be given out appropriately. The right channel should receive such information and should be willing to act on the said information.
Additionally, managing a network is more or less a difficult task. Some of the required things to do when managing a network effectively are:
1) You should look at dependencies
2) Ensure there is a process in place to track users and devices. This is possible with acs servers
3) Be mindful of what is coming in and out, hence the network parameter shouldn’t be ignored
4) Standards and security for obtaining network information should be decided on.
5) Has an inventory of your important systems created?
Plus, with the help of acs servers, you can effectively manage access to network resources. Also, there are just a few steps involved before you can configure the acs servers. With that, you can be in charge of a network.
Communication network is vital, especially in an organizational sense. This is why it is important to manage them the proper way. Having the right tool, or better still doing what is expected of you is very important. With all the information passed across, it is expected that one can now effectively manage your communication network the proper way.