What You Need to Know About Migrating from Blogger to WordPressMarch 27, 2020 No Comments
Featured article by Lizzy Marciano, Independent Technology Author
Blogger was one of the first platforms to allow you to easily create a personal blog – you didn’t need a lot of technical expertise, you didn’t need to be a wiz with computers, you could simply create a blog through their user interface. That was unprecedented at the time, and thanks to the platform, hundreds of thousands of people created their personal blogs and started putting content out there. But, sadly, technological advances have left the platform behind, and now, it is quite limited compared to other tools out there. That’s why we’ll teach you how to migrate your website from Blogger to WordPress.
Why Choose WordPress?
WordPress should be one of the first platforms you look into when you want to migrate your website off Blogger. It has a few key features that make it one of the best choices out there:
- It is easy to learn and use: Blogger rose to fame and became a widely used tool, in part, because of how simple it was to learn and use. People didn’t need to take computer science courses nor needed to sit through boring tutorials for hours. WordPress promises a similar experience. You can get started really easily, and you can probably manage your first website simply through intuitively using its user interface.
- It covers all the features Blogger has: all the features you’ve known and loved about Blogger is included in WordPress. You can easily create pages, you can easily download and change the website’s theme, and you can easily write content for the website without writing a single piece of code. These were the primary features that made millions fall in love with Blogger, and you have all three in WordPress, as well.
- It is a popular tool with a massive ecosystem: WordPress is a very popular tool with a massive ecosystem that has culminated in thousands of plugins and themes. You’re going to move your Blogger website to a platform that is widely supported in every corner of the internet.
What Steps Do You Need to Take for a Successful Migration?
So, now that you can be sure WordPress is the answer to your problems, you need to learn what steps you need to take to ensure the migration is successful. Here are the steps you need to take to ensure you can recreate your Blogger website in WordPress better than ever:
- Go to the settings in your Blogger UI and download a back up of your website.
- Either buy a WordPress hosting service or self-host a version of WordPress on your home server.
- Go into your WordPress installation and install the Blogger Plugin. You’ll remember that we first talked about plugins in the first section – they are one of WordPress’s most powerful features. And that’s right, that includes a plugin that allows you easily interface with your Blogger as well.
- After the Blogger plugin has finished installing, go into its settings, and click on import. Then select your back up file from your Blogger website and wait for it until it finishes importing.
It is that simple – you can import your Blogger website into WordPress in a matter of five minutes – that’s probably as much time as it took for you to read this article! You don’t even need to use an agency like Acclaim for HTML to WordPress service to do it (which is usually the case with other frameworks), but you’ll still see superior results if you do!
Blogs, Featured Blogs