Arcadia Solutions Partners with Graduate Students from Leading Universities on Health IT Research ProgramAugust 29, 2012 No Comments
SOURCE: Arcadia Solutions
BURLINGTON, MA (August 29, 2012) — Arcadia Solutions, a leading provider of data-driven Health IT services, announced today it has partnered with Harvard University and University of Washington to launch its inaugural Internship Program. The research phase of this program will last 10-weeks and work with existing Arcadia Solutions’ clients.
This program will be led by Masters and PhD students and is focused on understanding the challenges associated with EHR and Meaningful Use (MU) adoption. The resulting report will share best practices for achieving provider behavior change and highlight the upcoming challenges for meeting Stage 2 MU measures.
“Our team continues to strive for new opportunities to give back to the community and bring more value to clients and partners,” said Eric Zerneke, Vice President of Marketing and Business Development, Arcadia Solutions. “With this program, we’re able to engage with long-term clients and help them evaluate what is and isn’t working, while giving them visibility into how their progress compares to the rest of the industry. Furthermore, the interns spearheading this program will be able to use this experience as they start their own careers in healthcare IT.”
Following are further details on the research program topic:
- Meaningful Use Adoption Analysis – While there is coverage of national EHR implementation, adoption rates, and number of providers who received incentive payments, there is a lack of understanding regarding the providers’ performance and experiences over time. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, there are 80,000 primary care physicians live on an EHR but only 17,000 (just over 20%) who actually reached Meaningful Use Stage 1.
The “Meaningful Use Adoption Analysis” research program will conduct an evaluation of adoption patterns and provider behavior change with the goal of answering the following questions:
- How does training and go-live support impact Stage 1 MU adoption?
- Do PCPs and specialists differ in their MU performance?
- Is there a mismatch between perceptions and actual challenges of MU?
- How ready are providers and staff for MU Stage 2?
To learn more about Arcadia Solutions’ internship program and see results from this report, visit: www.arcadiasolutions.com.
About Arcadia Solutions
Arcadia Solutions is a nationally recognized, leading healthcare consulting firm that engages with both payers and providers to design, implement, and manage healthcare information technology (Health IT) infrastructure and applications. Since 2002, Arcadia’s focus on data-driven solutions has allowed clients to more efficiently and cost-effectively manage their information through the right blend of people, processes, technology, and strategy. For more information, visit www.arcadiasolutions.com.