BoxTone Recognized as “Visionary” in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management SoftwareJune 3, 2013 No Comments
BoxTone Evaluated Based on Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute for Enterprise Mobility Management Platform
COLUMBIA, MD–(Marketwired – Jun 3, 2013) – BoxTone, the innovator in unified Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), today announced that is has been positioned as a “Visionary” in the Gartner 2013 Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software. With more than 2.5 million devices managed around the world using the BoxTone platform, enterprises and service providers consistently turn to BoxTone’s innovative solutions to power wide-scale, mission-critical enterprise mobility.
In the rapidly expanding and changing mobile landscape, Gartner cites the evolution of mobile requirements for the enterprise: “interest and adoption in mobile device management continues to grow at a fast rate, with companies looking for enterprise security and mobile optimization and enablement. Strong offerings go beyond policy to support enterprise mobile management.”
“BoxTone is honored to be recognized as a Visionary for the second year in a row. We believe today’s MDM solution must accommodate tomorrow’s needs. For organizations challenged to scale up and operationalize support for larger mobile deployments, the demands on MDM extend well beyond the traditional realm of security, policy and configuration,” said Alan Snyder, CEO of BoxTone. “Enterprises need mobile service management, workflow automation and multi-container support where BoxTone’s innovations continue to lead the industry, enabling our customers to run their business on mobile.”
BoxTone’s mobile management platform powers wide-scale, mission-critical enterprise mobility. BoxTone’s comprehensive security and compliance capabilities — including automated policy and configuration management across devices and apps, audit reporting and data protection — deliver the control IT needs in the face of mobile threats. By utilizing BoxTone, support staff can see live end-to-end status and automatically diagnose and resolve issues with a single click, providing the supportability users demand. BoxTone’s real-time monitoring, proactive alerting, rapid incident resolution and environment tuning enable IT operations to deliver the reliability the business requires. By providing a comprehensive management platform for mobility at scale, only BoxTone allows organizations to operationalize mobility to meet the demands of their business.
“The shift to more complex and heterogeneous mobile environments calls for a ‘single pane of glass’ platform that can support an enterprise’s full life cycle of mobility management. We are proud to be recognized as a visionary positioned to execute on this critical capability,” Snyder added.
Key BoxTone milestones over the past year include:
- First vendor to deliver unified support across hybrid mobility server and container environments including BlackBerry, Good Technology, Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) and Mocana MAP.
- Continued leadership in mobile service management with ongoing innovations in unified support, service-level and workflow management, including expanded automation of hundreds of role-based mobile workflows across all IT roles.
- Assumed control of Motorola 3LM to enforce strong security on Android devices and unleash the adoption of Android in the enterprise
- Grew key partnerships with leading Android device manufacturers including Samsung, LG, Panasonic, Sharp, NEC and more.
- Created the industry’s first complete enterprise mobility management solution — spanning mobile security, mobile apps and mobile service management — through a strategic partnership with Good Technology to address high security and high reliability customer requirements.
- Expanded reach outside the U.S., including new offices in London and Tokyo, and a range of embedded partnerships with carriers in Asia.
- Expanded support to more than 2.5 million devices, an increase of more than 40% over the past 12 months.
- Expanded relationships with enterprise IT vendors and 8 of the Top 10 Mobile MSPs (including IBM, HP, Dell, CSC, Xerox and Mahindra Satyam) that embed or resell BoxTone software.
- Was selected as an AlwaysOn Global 250 winner, signifying leadership and game-changing approaches and technologies that are likely to disrupt existing markets and entrenches players in the Global Silicon Valley.
- Continues to support enterprise organizations at the top of their respective business sectors, including the Top 5 Fortune Aerospace & Defense companies; 6 of the top 10 Fortune Commercial Banks; 2 of the top Fortune Specialty Retailers; 2 of the top 3 Fortune Publishing & Printing companies; and 2 of the top three companies within each of the Fortune Securities, Energy and Utilities sectors.
*Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for Mobile Device Management Software” by Phillip Redman, John Girard, Terrence Cosgrove, Monica Basso, May 23, 2013.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose
BoxTone is the innovator of automated Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). With millions of mobile devices and apps under management, BoxTone’s automated EMM platform is trusted by more of the world’s leading enterprises, Managed Service Providers and government agencies than any other — including 42 of the Fortune® 100 and 8 of the Top 10 MSPs — to ensure maximum mobile performance and security at the lowest cost and risk. Only BoxTone’s single unified mobile management platform powered by patented real‐time automation technology addresses the entire mobile lifecycle: Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile App Management (MAM), mobile support and operations management. And only BoxTone delivers real‐time centralized control of all mobile smartphones and tablets including Google Android, iPhone and iPad, BlackBerry and Windows Phone, as well as the enterprise apps that run on them.
BoxTone’s unparalleled EMM innovation has also been recognized by leading industry analysts, as the company has been named an “innovator” in the Forrester Research, Inc. Market Overview: On-Premises MDM Solutions; and named to the Winner category in Yankee Group’s MDM Is Dead. Long Live EMM!; and named both Champion and Value Award Winner in Info-Tech Research Group’s MDM Suites Vendor Landscape. Learn more at www.boxtone.com, or call +1 410.910.3344. Follow BoxTone on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
BoxTone and the BoxTone logo are trademarks of BoxTone. All other product or company names mentioned are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.