Interop 2013: Major Updates to Four ManageEngine Apps Empower Companies to Become Real-Time IT OrganizationsMay 1, 2013 No Comments
INTEROP — LAS VEGAS and PLEASANTON, Calif. — May 1, 2013 — ManageEngine, the real-time IT management company, today previewed major product updates the company will launch at Interop 2013. Taken together, the upgraded products help companies build real-time IT organizations by optimizing IT departments’ responsiveness and overall management of both their latest technologies and more established systems and resources. At the show, ManageEngine will roll out new versions of ADSelfService Plus, the IT self-service software; Applications Manager, the on-premise application monitoring solution; OpManager, the data center and network monitoring software; and Site24x7, the cloud infrastructure monitoring service.
ManageEngine will be exhibiting its new products along with the rest of its portfolio in booth 1367 at Interop 2013 being held May 6–10, 2013, at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
“Cloud, BYOD, big data and other IT trends promise compelling advantages for IT and business departments alike,” said Raj Sabhlok, president of ManageEngine. “The challenges of managing those trends, however, can interfere with the real-time responsiveness that IT departments need to maximize efficiency and availability of business-critical systems. The announcements we’ll be making at the show are going to help IT organizations of every size reinforce their real-time IT management practices while leveraging the latest trends.”
ManageEngine Products: Pushing the Real-Time Envelope
At Interop 2013, ManageEngine is targeting SMBs as well as emerging and established enterprises with in-booth exhibits and demonstrations of its real-time IT management portfolio, including the following product announcements to be made at the show:
- ADSelfService Plus will add sync features that sync users’ Active Directory passwords with their passwords for cloud-based apps and storage services.
- Applications Manager will expand its support for NoSQL and big data by monitoring the Redis key-value store and Redis-based apps.
- OpManager will introduce advanced root cause analysis capabilities, a real-time user interface and enterprise-grade scalability.
- Site24x7.com will gain an on-premise monitoring feature, so users will be able to monitor the availability and performance of resources running inside their private network.
ManageEngine Insight: Speaking Sessions at Interop
Sabhlok and other ManageEngine representatives will be speaking in a number of sessions at Interop 2013, including:
- Great Issues in IT: Where Does Mobility Fit? – This session will investigate how to design, build and operate optimal mobile solutions that take advantage of innovations across the IT spectrum today. Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 3:45-4:45 p.m.
- Becoming a Real-Time IT Organization – This session will discuss best practices of real-time IT organizations that ensure IT pros can both manage their current systems and evaluate and deploy new technologies in a timely manner. Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 4:00-4:45 p.m. and Thursday, May 9, 2013, 11:00-11:45 a.m.
- Enabling Change with Network Management – This session will examine the idea that the intrusion of hypervisor-based virtual networks, storage convergence and other chaotic moments in the network are the times when it’s most important to put more sophisticated network management controls in place. Thursday, May 9, 2013, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
For more information on ManageEngine, please visit http://www.manageengine.com; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.
About ADSelfService Plus
ADSelfService Plus is a turnkey IT self-service solution which can be easily implemented by administrators and quickly adopted by end users. It offers password self-service, self-service directory updater, password expiry notifier and a people search. It helps the IT help desk by reducing their chief source of burden — the password reset tickets — and spares the end users from frustration due to computer downtime. For more information, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/products/self-service-password/.
About ManageEngine Applications Manager
ManageEngine Applications Manageris application performance monitoring software that helps businesses guarantee high availability and performance for their business applications by ensuring servers and applications have high uptime. It comes with out-of-the-box support for 50+ application servers, servers, databases and transactions spanning physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures. For more information on ManageEngine Applications Manager, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/apm.
About ManageEngine OpManager
ManageEngine OpManager is a network management platform that helps large enterprises, service providers and SMEs manage their data centers and IT infrastructure efficiently and cost effectively. Automated workflows, intelligent alerting engines, configurable discovery rules, and extendable templates enable IT teams to setup a 24×7 monitoring system within hours of installation. Do-it-yourself plug-ins extend the scope of management to include network change and configuration management and IP address management as well as monitoring of networks, applications, databases, virtualization and NetFlow-based bandwidth. For more information on ManageEngine OpManager, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/opmanager.
Site24x7 is a cloud infrastructure monitoring service from ManageEngine that helps monitor the uptime and performance of websites, online applications and servers. The monitoring is done from 40+ locations across the world, thus giving you a global perspective of the end-user experience. Site24x7 supports monitoring HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, TCP, IMAP, SSL, Ping, FTP, SFTP, DNS and other internet facing network services. For more information on Site24x7, please visit http://www.site24x7.com.
ManageEngine delivers the real-time IT management tools that empower an IT team to meet an organization’s need for real-time services and support. Worldwide, more than 72,000 established and emerging enterprises — including more than 60 percent of the Fortune 500 — rely on ManageEngine products to ensure the optimal performance of their critical IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, applications, desktops and more. ManageEngine is a division of Zoho Corp. with offices worldwide, including the United States, India, Japan and China. For more information, please visit http://www.manageengine.com/; follow the company blog at http://blogs.manageengine.com/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManageEngine and on Twitter at @ManageEngine.