Parasoft Introduces the Open Embedded Testing PlatformSeptember 28, 2012 No Comments
Monrovia, CA (September 18, 2012) Booth 315 – Parasoft, the industry leader in Development Testing, announced today the release of the Parasoft Open Embedded Testing platform at DESIGN East Boston. Easy integration of open-source or 3rd party tools into the ‘Open’ Embedded Testing platform gives embedded software engineers comprehensive control and process visibility throughout the embedded software development lifecycle.
Leveraging Parasoft’s Embedded Testing Platform, organizations can uniformly apply a comprehensive array of testing practices across the organization—yielding more consistent and more predictable project outcomes. Ad-hoc or inconsistent application of analysis tools or software engineering best practices could place industry or regulatory compliance audits at risk; this approach eliminates that risk.
“With the rapid convergence of hardware and software, organizations are faced with unprecedented complexity and increased business risk,” said Wayne Ariola, VP of Strategy for Parasoft. “Parasoft’s Embedded Testing Platform strives to eliminate these risks by exposing the business objective, defining policies that achieve the business objectives, and uniformly applying automated tools and proven best practices to enforce those policies. This approach closes the gap between business objectives and engineering while helping organizations achieve industry or regulatory compliance.”
Parasoft’s Embedded Testing platform is the industry’s most comprehensive, featuring a policy-driven process that integrates the following practices:
- Static analysis (in-line, pattern-based, flow-based, metrics)
- Unit testing (test generation, execution, optimization)
- Peer code review (preparation, notification, tracking)
- Coverage analysis (from the unit level to application level)
- Test on target, host, or simulator
- Environment Integration (IDE, source, compiler, parser, board, etc.)
- Runtime error detection (resource & memory leaks, race conditions, exceptions, etc.)
- Traceability (requirements, code, defects, code reviews, tests, etc.)
With the Embedded Testing platform, management has real-time visibility into the development process, which mitigates risks associated with software quality and security. The open platform also helps engineers align embedded software development activities with business objectives, allowing them to consistently produce high quality code.
Live Embedded Testing Platform Demo at DESIGN East Boston
Parasoft will be showcasing its Open Embedded Testing platform at DESIGN East in Boston. Attendees are invited to a demonstration of Parasoft’s Embedded Testing platform capabilities at booth 315. They will learn how:
- A policy-driven approach can help prevent errors through a process that establishes management expectations.
- Parasoft’s Embedded Testing platform measures productivity and consistency.
- The platform centralizes results and reports generated by Parasoft as well other integrated tools.
- Policies can help achieve compliance for your safety-critical/embedded development software.
For 25 years, Parasoft has researched and developed software solutions that help organizations deliver defect-free software efficiently. By integrating Development Testing, API/cloud/SOA/composite app testing, and service virtualization, we reduce the time, effort, and cost of delivering secure, reliable, and compliant software. Parasoft’s enterprise and embedded development solutions are the industry’s most comprehensive—including static analysis, unit testing with requirements traceability, functional & load testing, dev/test environment management, and more. The majority of Fortune 500 companies rely on Parasoft in order to produce top-quality software consistently and efficiently. For more information, visit the Parasoft web site.