Serena Software Releases Survey Findings on Enterprise ALM AdoptionJune 23, 2011 No Comments
SOURCE: Serena Software
Serena Software, the leader in orchestrated application delivery, IT and business processes, today announced the results of a new global survey on enterprise application lifecycle management (ALM) adoption. Conducted by Serena Software, the survey drew 2,442 respondents who identified ALM owners, drivers and benefits, as well as painted a picture of real-world use cases.
Top Survey Findings
- ALM crosses the DevOps (Development and Operations) divide: ALM solutions are used by development (44 percent) and operations (33 percent) in close to equal numbers in today’s global enterprises.
- Investments in ALM improvement are not driven primarily by cost: Process improvement (58 percent), standardization of methodology (47 percent) and quality improvement (38 percent) are the top drivers reported behind enterprise ALM adoption.
- A top benefit realized from enterprise ALM initiatives is audit traceability: Of respondents, 60 percent reported that ALM has helped their organization provide better traceability for audits, followed by improving management visibility and reporting (46 percent) and improving the efficiency of a business process (44 percent).
- Release management tops real-world use cases: 53 percent of respondents report that they use ALM solutions primarily for release management, defined as the process of moving software from development to test and into production.
“The way ALM software is purchased, rolled out and used in the enterprise is changing,” said Carl Landers, vice president of product marketing for Serena Software. “This survey finds that today’s ALM initiatives are driven largely by release management and owned by development and operations teams who want to orchestrate and inject new efficiencies into the overall software delivery process.”
Additional Information on the Survey
- A total of 2,442 respondents worldwide completed the online survey conducted by Serena Software in April 2011.
- Participants included business, IT, software development and operations professionals, and represented a variety of industry verticals.
- To access the full report, please visit: http://bit.ly/serena-alm-survey-results-june-2011
New survey on enterprise #ALM owners, drivers and benefits from #Serena Software: http://bit.ly/serena-alm-survey-results-june-2011