Veeva Systems Announces Vault EnterpriseSeptember 14, 2012 No Comments
SOURCE: Veeva Systems
PLEASANTON, CA — September 12, 2012 – Veeva Systems announces Vault Enterprise – the first cloud-based suite of content management applications ever developed specifically for the global life sciences industry. Now, life sciences companies can replace complex jungles of disparate content management repositories and systems with one integrated application suite from a single provider, on a single technology platform. The modern, cloud-based solution will speed time to market, save money and reduce overall regulatory risk.
Most major life sciences companies maintain over 50 different content repositories across the enterprise, representing an endless array of software versions and infrastructure. These tangled applications are rarely integrated, built on inflexible on-premise/hosted platforms and difficult to use. Despite spending millions to maintain these applications, companies put themselves at significant regulatory risk because the chain of custody is continually broken across systems, external vendors and partners.
Twenty life sciences companies are already using one or more of the Vault Enterprise applications, including Shire Pharmaceuticals. “Shire’s early adoption of Veeva Vault is consistent with our company’s vision of being on the forefront when it comes to effectively and efficiently serving our key stakeholders,” said Craig Lewis, senior vice president of global business intelligence and commercial operations. “We have already successfully begun using Veeva Vault with multiple internal and external partners, and we look forward to potentially expanding use of the solution across our entire enterprise to help modernize and optimize our global content management landscape.”
Vault Enterprise is the suite of business process-specific applications running on the cloud-based Vault Platform. Each business application in Vault Enterprise addresses the specific needs of a major business area within a life sciences organization, including:
- Research & Development. With a submission bill of materials, DIA Reference Model support and submission-ready rendering, Vault R&D helps speed the time to submission by providing a single, easy-to-use place for all researchers, CROs and other collaboration partners to manage the entire content life cycle.
- Clinical Trials. Vault eTMF provides faster and more organized access to trial documents and reports, while supporting seamless collaboration between sponsors, CROs, sites, investigators and other trial participants. Specific features both ease study and site administration as well as fully support the DIA TMF Reference Model, speed implementations and improve customer success.
- Manufacturing & Quality. Vault Quality enables the creation, review, approval and distribution of controlled documents across the organization and with external partners. Specific features include watermarking, controlled print, signature manifestation and “Read and Understood” capabilities.
- Medical Communications. With call center integration and functionality for expiration and periodic review, multi-channel support, global documents and automatic response package generation, Vault MedComms simplifies the coordination of medical communications with a single source of the truth for medical content globally.
- Marketing & Sales. Vault PromoMats provides an end-to-end solution for the development, approval, distribution, expiration and withdrawal of promotional materials. Specific features include support for global pieces, 2253 form generation, online document and video annotation, and a built-in digital asset library (DAL).
“The global life sciences industry has been investing heavily in content management processes and technology for years,” explained Mike Lewis, executive vice president, life sciences and enterprise solutions, at TAKE Solutions. “It is now clear that cloud computing will be a major disrupter to the industry, making content management an area of tremendous opportunity for life sciences companies.”
Inspired by Amazon, LinkedIn and other leading consumer web applications, Vault Enterprise applications are designed to be the easiest to use content management solutions ever offered to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical products companies. For a recorded demonstration of each application, visit the Veeva website at www.veevasystems.com/vault.
Vault Platform Components
All Vault Enterprise applications are built on the cloud-based Vault Platform. The Vault Platform was built from the ground up to meet the needs of pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical products companies. Major components of the Vault Platform include:
- Regulatory Compliance. The Vault Platform includes the necessary audit trails, electronic signatures and system traceability to comply with regulations, such as 21 CFR Part 11, Annex 11 and GxP-related requirements. Vault is also pre-validated for IQ and OQ, saving customers as much as 80% of their system validation costs.
- Reporting. The Vault Platform includes a point-and-click reporting tool that reports on documents, their properties and the complete audit trail of changes. These simple-to-navigate reports show end users and management how content moves through its life cycle over time, enabling the ability to track ‘plan versus actual’ and identify process bottlenecks.
- Simple Administration. Administrators control documents, properties, users, security, workflow and reporting with a simple, point-and-click web interface. Customers also have the ability to quickly change and extend the applications or create brand new applications, all without writing any software code.
- Integration API. The Vault Platform includes a web services API with access to the content and metadata layers of all Vault Enterprise applications, enabling seamless integration with complementary systems.
- Cloud Computing Architecture and Infrastructure. A pure multitenant architecture, seamless version upgrades, real-time sandbox environments, >99.9% reliability, SSAE 16 SOC 1 Type I, and SysTrust certified and full redundancy guarantee customers receive all the benefits of modern cloud computing.
- Searching. Vault delivers simple, relevant and secure searching. Finding content is now as easy as performing a Google search, removing thousands of wasted employee hours every year.
“With Vault Enterprise, Veeva is investing heavily in the people and technology required to create best-in-class applications for every major area of the life sciences industry,” said Peter Gassner, founder, president & CEO of Veeva Systems. “Together with our partners, Veeva will help our customers succeed with Vault Enterprise to achieve faster approvals and reduced regulatory risk.”
About Vault Enterprise
Vault Enterprise is the suite of business process-specific content management applications running on the cloud-based Vault Platform. Spanning every major part of a life sciences company – from R&D to clinical trials to manufacturing, medical communications and marketing – Vault Enterprise gives pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical products companies the ability to deploy a single technology solution globally. The result is faster to time market, dramatic cost savings and reduced regulatory risk.
About Veeva Systems
Veeva Systems is the leader in cloud-based business solutions for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence and customer success, Veeva has over 150 customers, ranging from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Founded in 2007, Veeva is a privately held company headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices in Philadelphia, Barcelona, Budapest, Paris, Beijing, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit www.veevasystems.com.
Veeva Systems, Inc.
Copyright (c) 2012 Veeva Systems. All rights reserved. Veeva and the Veeva logo are registered trademarks of Veeva Systems. Veeva Systems owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.CLOUD COMPUTING, HEALTH IT