4 Quick Ways To Improve Your Regional SEO StrategyMarch 23, 2020 No Comments
Featured article by Caitlyn Bell, Independent Technology Author
Imagine the number of Google search questions that pop up in a single day? The estimates come to round 5 to 6 billion with 4 billion internet users per day. Any website you develop and content you create competes against 1.7 billion other websites present online today. This only accounts for Google search, what about Yahoo, Bing, and Baidu search engines?
Your business faces stiff competition, especially in the region. This is why you should switch and focus more on search engine optimization in Frederick, MD. However, you should embrace a regional SEO strategy that can give you an upper hand in the industry.
In this article, we will share quick ways to improve regional SEO strategy.
Know Your Region
Sometimes, people think they have all the information about their target audience and prospective customers. However, this is not the case. As a business, you cannot build a perfect SEO strategy without:
- Understanding what your target customer needs.
- Getting to know where they come from.
- Knowing how they like your products or services.
That said, to entice your customers better, you must compare data available through different data analysis tools, including Google Analytics, social media platforms, and gather feedback from your website or blog. Then you must build regions:
- For customers coming from similar geographical locations.
- For those who have identical purchase characteristics.
Then, as per the data analysis results, you must optimize keywords in these areas, on your site, with geographical modifiers.
Optimize For Regional Search
Customers prefer having services and products nearer to their homes and offices. Therefore, their searches include almost all local or regional businesses close to their location. That said, your website must be present on the local and regional directories.
So, capitalize on your listings by updating information about your business or website. Use long-tail keywords for your regional and other local content.
Searches today are dependent on how accurate a phrase is, and if it is the right keyword, then you are good to go. For example, instead of searching for an “SEO company,” people enter a specific search phrase such as “best company for SEO in Maryland.”
Optimize Landing Pages
Customers want to know where a business is located, their working hours, the products and services they provide, and above all, how easily accessible they are. This type of information is only available on a business’s landing page.
The page design aims at offering an unforgettable experience and creates repeat clientele as they are unique and business-specific. Therefore, it should be brief, precise, and unique to your website.
Optimizing your landing page will involve incorporating all of the essential information a customer might need. It includes:
- Business history and the importance of services/ products you provide to the customer.
- Current area-specific projects, and events/ holidays coming with evidence, i.e., a photograph or video. (The videos and pictures you add to the landing page should undergo optimization for better search rankings.)
- Landmarks and other regional heritage sites with internal links to regional pages.
Optimize Website For Phone Users
Mobile isn’t just the future; it’s a dominant platform for product discovery and information gathering. Today, almost everybody owns and uses a mobile phone to fulfill their search quests rather than desktops.
Not just that! Smartphones have created such a great marketing opportunity for brands that it is impossible to strive and thrive the competition without mobile optimization.
Here’s how you can optimize your site for mobile users:
- Improve your website loading speed.
- Use big fonts for your website outline. Big fonts can be easily read.
- Images and other graphics should be used “sparingly.” Mobile phones have limited space.
- Be intuitive in the user design interface you use.
The best SEO strategy is one that puts into practice all of these points and more. However, you need to practice caution with some of the above-mentioned strategies. Ensure that you use them right so that you don’t get spammed by search engines.
Hopefully, this article helped you!SOCIAL BUSINESS