CipherCloud Gateway 3.5 Enforces Content-Aware Encryption and Seamlessly Supports New Mobile Touch AppsSeptember 19, 2012 No Comments
SAN JOSE, Calif., September 13, 2012 — CipherCloud, the leader in cloud encryption, unveiled today CipherCloud Gateway 3.5 that dynamically enforces content-aware encryption policies and supports the latest mobile touch applications for CipherCloud’s growing list of encryption and tokenization-ready cloud applications, including Salesforce and Chatter. This powerful new data loss prevention functionality is unlike previous approaches that relied only on predefined data security policy. With content-aware encryption, the CipherCloud Gateway is configured with policies to identify sensitive data and as a result automatically encrypt one or more fields. Content-aware encryption speeds deployment and continues to break down privacy, residency, compliance, and security barriers to adopting Salesforce and other cloud applications by automating data security. This new capability is also available in CipherCloud Connect AnyApp, the configurable cloud encryption gateway application that encrypts or tokenizes data for millions of public and private cloud applications.
CipherCloud Gateway 3.5 also introduces encryption and tokenization support for the latest HMTL5 mobile applications, including Salesforce Touch. CipherCloud for Salesforce users can now seamlessly access enterprise CRM across smartphones and tablets with the powerful Salesforce Touch app. This means enterprises adopting BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policies for mobile access don’t have to sacrifice accessibility for cloud data security. The update also fully supports Salesforce Winter ‘13 release. CipherCloud for Salesforce users have already been able to secure data with the most advanced format and operations preserving encryption and tokenization options available. For enterprises using Chatter, this includes the capability to encrypt data based on social media attributes such as #hash tags and @mentions.
Content-aware encryption policy, HTML5 and Touch application support for Salesforce and other cloud applications, and Salesforce Winter ‘13 support are just a few of the updates to the CipherCloud Platform. CipherCloud secures multiple cloud applications including Salesforce, Force.com, Chatter, Gmail, Office 365, and Amazon AWS.
CipherCloud content-aware encryption eliminates the complexities of detecting data at risk and enforcing encryption. With content-aware encryption, administrators set a policy that looks for sensitive data, such as a field containing sensitive text, and automatically encrypts one or more fields. Dynamic encryption policies are critical as enterprises moving to the cloud must meet data loss prevention, privacy, compliance, and security demands. For example, a defense contractor that must meet certification requirements under ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) can now set a policy to encrypt an organization’s name, address, notes, and other sensitive data when the organization’s industry matches “Defense.” This new data loss prevention capability is in addition to CipherCloud’s already flexible data security policies allowing enterprise to select which field to encrypt or tokenize.
“Once again, CipherCloud is advancing cloud encryption gateway technology to remove the data privacy, residency, compliance, and security barriers to adopting cloud applications like Salesforce and Chatter. CipherCloud’s finance, healthcare, government, defense and other large enterprise customers are looking to intelligently secure cloud data in real-time and provide anywhere access with mobile devices,” said CipherCloud founder and CEO, Pravin Kothari. “CipherCloud’s new dynamic encryption policy enforces content-aware encryption decisions so enterprises can confidently move to the cloud faster. And unlike previous data loss prevention technologies, CipherCloud operates in real-time without changing the user experience. This means users can access the beautifully designed Salesforce Touch and their enterprise CRM data while data is always stored encrypted or tokenized.”
Key Benefits of CipherCloud 3.5 include:
- Removes Data Security, Residency, Privacy, and Compliance Barriers: CipherCloud offers enterprises the choice to use format and operations preserving encryption or tokenization with popular cloud applications like Salesforce to secure data in the cloud, now with the option to dynamically secure data on-the-fly based on content.
- Preserves Enterprise Control Over Cloud Data: Secure key management, with keys owned by the enterprise, and standard AES-256 encryption ensure organizations retain control over data in-transit, in-use, and at-rest in the cloud.
- Scales for the Most Demanding Cloud Applications: CipherCloud Gateways scale to meet the demanding encryption and tokenization requirements. CipherCloud’s advanced tokenization is proven to scale for large, geographically distributed Salesforce and other cloud applications under the strictest data residency rules. And with CipherCloud Connect AnyApp, millions of public and private cloud applications can now be secured.
- Delivers a Fully Functional Cloud Experience: Unlike previous approaches to encryption, users enjoy native functionality like search and sort with CipherCloud’s encryption gateway technology and there’s no change to the user experience even when using dynamic encryption to enforce data loss prevention rules.
- Enables BYOD and Mobile Productivity: Transparent encryption through the CipherCloud gateway allows enterprises to provide broad access to mobile applications and devices including HTML5 applications like Salesforce Touch along with other email and collaboration applications on Android, BlackBerry, iOS, and Windows Phone devices.
- Reduces the Cost of Securing Enterprise Clouds: The CipherCloud Platform provides a single cloud encryption platform for securing public and private clouds that Gartner forecasts will be used by 25 percent of enterprises in 2016, reducing the cost of securing the cloud by 30 percent.
To learn more about CipherCloud, updates to the CipherCloud Platform, and the revolutionary new CipherCloud Connect AnyApp, visit CipherCloud at Dreamforce stand #1526. You can also view online product demos and request more information by visiting www.ciphercloud.com.
CipherCloud is the market-leading provider of cloud encryption and tokenization gateways that enable enterprises to securely adopt cloud applications by eliminating concerns about data privacy, residency, security, and regulatory compliance. CipherCloud’s operations-preserving encryption and tokenization technology secures sensitive information in real time, before it’s sent to the cloud, without impacting usability or performance, or requiring any change to the application. The CipherCloud Platform secures multiple cloud applications including Salesforce, Force.com, Chatter, Gmail, Office 365, and Amazon AWS. CipherCloud Connect AnyApp enables enterprise to encrypt data for millions of public and private cloud web applications. Recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor in Cloud Security in 2011, CipherCloud is backed by premier venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and T-Venture, the venture capital arm of Deutsche Telekom. For more information, visit www.ciphercloud.com and follow us on Twitter @ciphercloud.CLOUD COMPUTING, MOBILE