FuseSource Emerges as a Leader in Professional Open Source in its First YearJanuary 10, 2012 No Comments
BEDFORD, Mass. – January 9, 2012 – FuseSource Corp., experts in open source integration and messaging, today highlighted achievements made during its first year as an independent company and wholly owned subsidiary of Progress Software. During this time FuseSource achieved double-digit growth and numerous milestones amid increased demand for integration and messaging solutions that combine the proven benefits of open source with the service level agreements, managed releases, support, tools and access to expertise and influence enterprises need.
“The modern enterprise requires integration everywhere, not just within isolated silos. The success we achieved in our first year underscores the immense opportunity we have to help enterprises effectively address their integration and messaging needs without breaking the bank,” said Larry Alston, president of FuseSource. “Over the past year we have worked to put the foundation in place needed to excel in our sector and address enterprises’ desire and demand to use our open source solutions in increasingly mainstream applications – much like the adoption curve that shaped the operating systems and application server markets before us.”
FuseSource provides subscriptions to enterprise-class distributions of Apache projects, ServiceMix, ActiveMQ and Camel and CXF as well as the expert guidance, innovative tooling and enterprise-class packaging that enables organizations to mix and match everything they need to create an iron-clad integration and messaging infrastructure. No other company employs more founders or active committers to Apache integration and messaging projects, knows the code better or better understands enterprises’ needs – attributes that prompt many of the world’s best known organizations to rely on FuseSource.
“When every transaction must be completed you need a bulletproof integration and messaging framework,” said Robert Wiseman, Chief Technology Officer for Sabre Holdings, one of the world’s largest travel technology companies. “At peak times we process more than 45,000 transactions every second to power travel across our business which includes more than 350,000 travel agents, 400 airlines, 100,000 hotels, and virtually every other kind of travel supplier. FuseSource solutions are an integral part of our system.”
Enterprise success stories continued to fuel FuseSource’s growth as an independent company throughout the year. Some of the many milestones it achieved include:
- Significant growth: FuseSource increased its year-over-year bookings by more than 30 percent and its subscriptions by more than 70 percent.
- New customer signings: FuseSource signed agreements with three of the world’s five largest retailers – a reflection of the ability it gives enterprises to integrate applications and deliver messages with utility-like reliability. FuseSource also signed numerous customers in the automotive, banking, gaming, pharmaceutical and telecommunications industries. Some of these included Apex Networks, Earthlink and Kal Tire.
- Expanded engagements: The company expanded engagements with numerous customers, with repeatable subscriptions accounting for more than 50 percent of the business. These included projects with CERN, Lynden, Sabre Holdings, and others, including the Federal Aviation Administration’s System Wide Information Management project. FuseSource secured the 13-year contract by delivering its solution at one-third of the cost quoted by its two closest rivals – two of the world’s three largest technology companies.
- Fuse ESB cited as a leader in open source ESBs by independent research firm: The company was among a select group of leading vendors invited to participate in the April 2011 report, The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Service Bus, Q2, 2011. In this evaluation, Fuse™ ESB achieved leader status, with high scores in the architecture, orchestration and product strategy categories.
- Investment in talent: FuseSource nearly doubled in size over the past year and hired numerous industry veterans including Vice President of Engineering Paul Harsha and Vice President of Sales Ken Hoffman. Debbie Moynihan was also promoted to vice president of marketing. The company also formed the office of the CTO, comprised of integration and messaging luminaries who report to Rob Davies, CTO of FuseSource and co-founder of Apache ServiceMix, ActiveMQ and Camel projects.
- New tools for developers: The company introduced the Fuse IDE, Eclipse-based tooling that features a graphical user interface that enables users to drag and drop mediation components and test and debug integration routes faster and easier than ever before.
- Leadership in professional open source: In May, FuseSource created and sponsored CamelOne, the first user conference focused on open source integration and messaging. The event attracted hundreds of enterprise users and featured speakers from numerous solution providers, including Carahsoft, Chariot Solutions, Red Hat, Savoir Technologies, and others – including keynotes by luminaries like Gregor Hohpe, co-author of Enterprise Integration Patterns. FuseSource also held complimentary FuseSource Community Day events in Frankfurt, London and Paris.
- Extensive support of Apache projects: FuseSource employees, with the backing of the company, made nearly 6,000 commits to Apache ActiveMQ, Camel, CXF and ServiceMix projects in 2011 – more than any other company. In addition, FuseSource grew the community of developers and architects who benefit from its offerings by more than 45 percent to total nearly 30,000 members.
“Software developers have long known that there’s no substitute for access to experts who are intimately familiar with the code and as a result, can solve in minutes what would take others who are equally skilled days to address,” said “Davies. “We’ve built a company that brings together the knowledge enterprises need to free themselves from the costly proprietary software stacks that all too often prevent enterprises from tying together the myriad applications and systems in use today.”
Backed by the leaders and founders of several key Apache Software Foundation projects, FuseSource Corp. is the expert in open source integration and messaging. The company is solely focused on providing enterprise-ready integration and messaging software combined with the tools, training and “expertise”/enterprise-support/consulting sought by organizations implementing and managing integration projects such as SOA, cloud environments and others. Hundreds of large enterprises worldwide rely on FuseSource solutions to deploy and manage integration and messaging infrastructure at a lower total cost of ownership than traditional commercial solutions. FuseSource is a wholly owned subsidiary of Progress Software Corporation and can be found on the web at fusesource.com.
FuseSource, Fuse, Fuse ESB, Fuse Message Broker, and Fuse Mediation Router are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the United States and other countries. Any other names contained herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.News, OPEN SOURCE