Oracle Releases Oracle’s PeopleSoft 9.2March 18, 2013 No Comments
- Oracle demonstrates its commitment to continue to invest in PeopleSoft by including more than 1,000 new features, functions, and enhancements in PeopleSoft 9.2.
- PeopleSoft 9.2 delivers an innovative new user experience, expanded product functionality, while helping to reduce total cost of ownership.
- As with PeopleSoft 9.1, Oracle plans to continue to deliver new capabilities on top of PeopleSoft 9.2 via Feature Packs.
- PeopleSoft 9.2 leverages important new technology capabilities delivered in PeopleTools 8.53.
- With the delivery of PeopleSoft 9.2, Oracle will simultaneously provide upgrade scripts as well as the multi-language version of this release, a first for PeopleSoft applications. This enables PeopleSoft customers around the world to immediately begin implementing PeopleSoft 9.2 and reap its benefits sooner.
- A number of customers and partners have been working with Oracle as early adopters of PeopleSoft 9.2 and have already started their implementation and upgrade projects. Some of these customers include: AARP, Caterpillar Inc., Daimler, Franklin Templeton Investments, Washington University in St. Louis, Westfield, and Verizon. Partners working with Oracle include: Accenture LLC, BTR Group, Cardinal Point Solutions, Cognizant, CSC, Deloitte Consulting, Ellire, GreyHeller, Huron Consulting Group, Infosys, KPMG, MIPRO, Newbury Consulting Group, PwC, Regents Consulting LLC, SmartERP Solutions, Succeed Consultancy LLC, Wipro, and Zanett.
Innovations in PeopleSoft 9.2 Extend Business Value for Customers
o Define change packages so they are tailored to their specific needs
o Apply maintenance on their schedules
o Get current regardless of prior maintenance levels
o Streamline maintenance processes
o Minimize costs and disruptions associated with applying maintenance (e.g. regression testing) and maximize the impact of desired updates
o Activity Guides enable intuitive, step-by-step processes that simplify a casual user’s interaction with the system. Activity Guides are used in pre-built Life Events for the self-service management of actions related to marriage, a new born baby, adoption and divorce/legal separation.
o Train Stop visualizations lay out steps of a process in a highly visual manner across the top of a work screen to help casual users better navigate other self-service actions such as Pay Check Modeling and Supplier On-Boarding.
o PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.2 includes smart HR template-based transactions, Mid-Period Reviews, a consumer-oriented recruiting user experience, Learning dashboard, and redesigned time entry process.
o PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management 9.2 include mass GL Journal Approval, Matching History, Supplier On-Boarding, Cash Forecasting, Multi-Dimensional Project Rate Definition, Asset Retirement Obligation Accounting, new intuitive self-service eProcurement requisitioning, and redesigned Expense entry.
o Industry-specific applications include Approval Workflow for Commitment Control budget journals for Public Sector, support of Global Location Numbers (GLN) for Healthcare, balance sheet valuation through settlement date for Financial Services, a new Grants WorkCenter for Higher Education, and a new Staffing WorkCenter and branch recruiter productivity tools for the Staffing industry.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle’s complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle’s commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle’s next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve your existing applications investments. Oracle’s lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs. For more information on the latest Oracle Applications releases go to: www.oracle.com/applications.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Blanc and Otus
APPLICATION INTEGRATION, News