WinOnX Roars with OS X Mountain Lion SupportAugust 1, 2012 No Comments
SOURCE: TECHMarket Communications
SAN FRANCISCO — July 31, 2012 — Roaring in support of the latest Apple Macintosh operating system, NES Software today announced Apple OS X Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) is now supported in WinOnX, the application that makes it possible for Apple Macintosh computers to run Microsoft Windows software quickly, easily and affordably. In addition to Mountain Lion, WinOnX sharpens its claws with support for multiple virtual environments of the Windows operating system as well as the MacBook Pro Retina display. WinOnX 1.4 is available now for $4.99 in Apple’s Mac App Store via http://www.winonx.com.
For Mac users who must work with Windows applications, WinOnX remains the king of the solution jungle. WinOnX takes just a few minutes to download and install, and then lets Mac users run thousands of compatible Windows applications with a simple double-click of an application’s icon. Alternative solutions, meanwhile, require Mac users to buy and install a copy of Microsoft Windows, at a minimum, as well as virtualization software if they want to run Windows apps and Mac apps at the same time.
“If Mac users have to run Windows apps, they want to do so in a simple, Mac-friendly way,” said Hisham El-Emam, CEO of NES Software. “That’s the beauty of WinOnX. First time users can be up and running — from WinOnX download to Windows app launch — in minutes, with the Windows apps running side-by-side with Mac apps, simultaneously. The latest enhancements to WinOnX make it more powerful without detracting from its simplicity.”
WinOnX Under the Covers
The latest version of WinOnX offers Mac users support for:
- OS X Mountain Lion – WinOnX now runs on the latest version of OS X as well as earlier versions, specifically OS X 10.7 (Lion) and OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- Multiple virtual environments – Users can setup multiple virtual environments of the Windows operating system, for example running a stable production environment for frequently used Windows apps, a second environment for gaming, and a third environment for testing and playing with new downloads.
- MacBook Pro Retina display – Windows apps displays are rendered with the same level of sharp, vivid detail as native Macintosh apps.
The new features above complement the following WinOnX functionality breakthroughs, including:
- a program compatibility database that lets users determine if a Windows program is likely to work with WinOnX and if there are any known issues
- the ability to launch multiple instances of a Windows program
- native support of OS X open-file dialog
- automatic problem analysis to let users quickly and easily diagnose and resolve errors
- support and feedback services, including the ability to rate, review and comment on program compatibility right from the status bar
- faster program boot times
- better printing support
- the ability to run Windows apps in full-screen mode
WinOnX requires Apple Macintosh OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later and at least 400 MB of free disk space to install.
Pricing and Availability
WinOnX is priced at $4.99 and can be found in the Apple Mac App Store via http://www.winonx.com.
About NES Software
NES Software is the developer and distributor of WinOnX. Founded in 1992, NES Software also provides customized finance solutions for enterprise clients. For more information on WinOnX, please visit www.winonx.com.
All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Tags: WinOnX, NES Software, Windows, Macintosh, Mac, Apple, Wine, Mac App Store, emulator
Editors Note: News reporters and tech journalists may request complimentary access to WinOnX by emailing NES@techmarket.com.News