Zenoss Posts Record Growth With Strong Traction in Cloud & Virtualization ManagementNovember 16, 2010 No Comments
Zenoss Inc., a leading provider of dynamic service assurance products for public, private and hybrid cloud-based IT infrastructures, today announced that the company achieved record revenue growth in the third quarter of 2010. Fueled by growing demand by brand-name enterprises seeking an alternative to legacy enterprise IT management tools to maximize their investments in virtualized and cloud infrastructures, Zenoss saw Q3 2010 revenue grow to its highest level ever for the Company, representing a 40% growth rate over the same quarter in 2009. Year to date, the Company has seen revenue growth of over 50% from last year.
“We continue to see enterprises and service providers push to deploy virtualization and cloud technologies, yet struggle with the management challenges presented by dynamic infrastructure,” said Bill Karpovich, CEO of Zenoss Inc. “With our unique, model-driven approach to IT service assurance we are able to deliver unified real-time visibility and control that is simply impossible with legacy tools.”
Q3 2010 Highlights:
- In August, Zenoss was named to the prestigious Inc. 500 list for 2010, recognizing the fastest growing private companies in America. In its first year of being eligible for Inc. 500 recognition, Zenoss was ranked as the fasting growing company in the enterprise IT management space, placing #42 on the Inc. 500 list with an extraordinary three-year growth rate of 5316.5%. In the category for Software companies, Zenoss ranked the #3 fastest growing software company.
- Having now signed over 300 enterprise customers, Zenoss closed 21 new enterprise customers in the third quarter including the largest single win in the Company’s history with one of the world’s largest providers of online gaming services.
- Zenoss continued its strong renewal rate for Zenoss Enterprise subscriptions, including significant expansions with cloud service providers and enterprises implementing cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Over half of the new and renewing customers’ purchase decisions for Zenoss Enterprise were driven by explicit needs to manage virtualized and cloud-based IT assets.
- Zenoss kicked off 15 new pilots with some of the world’s largest IT infrastructure service and cloud services providers to manage public and private cloud IT environments.
- Zenoss announced version 3.0 of its Zenoss Enterprise product, featuring a completely new user interface purpose-built for automatically and dynamically visualizing, searching, and assuring service in the dynamic datacenter. Among the other significant features were new Dynamic Service Views, which provide a new datacenter visualization capability that automatically discovers and continuously maintains the linkages between physical, virtualized, and cloud-based resources providing the operational insights needed to effectively operate a private or public cloud at scale.
- During the quarter, Zenoss was the first vendor to provide an independent monitoring and service assurance solution for VMware vCloud™ Director, featuring dependency visualization, configuration tracking, performance monitoring and fault management for public, private, and hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Zenoss announced significant customer momentum for its management solution for the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), reinforcing its position as the first product to provide deep monitoring capabilities for the UCS platform and unified service assurance for the entire cloud infrastructure stack around UCS including storage, external networking, hypervisors, guest operating systems and applications.
- Zenoss also announced continued momentum of its award-winning Zenoss Core open source product, including the new version 3.0 version featuring a redesigned and simplified user interface, enhanced integration and customization capabilities, expanded virtualization and cloud management including enhanced support for technologies such as VMware ESX, VMware ESXi, Microsoft HyperV, Xen, libvert, Amazon EC2, Google AppEngine, Redis NoSQL databases, Ganglia, the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP), and more. Zenoss Core has now been downloaded over 1.5 million times, has a community of over 100,000 members, and has been extended with over 200 ZenPacks.
About Zenoss Inc.
Zenoss is the leading provider of Dynamic Service Assurance to the next generation datacenter. Zenoss Enterprise is a purpose-built Dynamic Service Assurance product that unifies the monitoring and assures IT service delivery to applications, business services and real-time physical, virtual and cloud-based infrastructures. With a community of over 100,000 users, Zenoss products monitor over one million network and server devices daily and have been used in over 25,000 organizations in 180 countries around the world. Commercial customers include leading companies such as Rackspace, VMware, LinkedIn, Carlson, Motorola and Deutsche Bank. To learn more about Zenoss’ award-winning IT operations management software, visit http://www.zenoss.com.